Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I totally crazy? Jury Duty

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:06 AM
  • 12 Replies

I so want to be called to do Jury Duty. People think I'm nuts when I tell them that haha. I just want to experience it at least once. Anyone else really want to do it?

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:07 AM
I went and wasn't picked. I told them they can call me back whenever they need me! I enjoyed the experience
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaeHamMomma
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I do!! But I would never get picked. I used to work for the prison system.

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I wanna do it to.. Dh got called to be on one about a month ago.(he didnt get picked) I wanted to ask them if i can take his place..

LilahandElliot
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I really want to do it too... but my family is full of criminals... lol... so I doubt I would get picked. 

--Nicole--
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Quoting MaeHamMomma:

I do!! But I would never get picked. I used to work for the prison system.

Why is that? Because you've encountered so many prisoners or something? Maybe I should go up there and volunteer lmao!!!

amburgirl

I hope you get to experience it also ...I've personally been apart of two trials...if you like other ppls drama you'll love sitting in on one

--Nicole--

Quoting LilahandElliot:

I really want to do it too... but my family is full of criminals... lol... so I doubt I would get picked. 

Hmmm....does it really work like that? My dad and bro has been in the system alot so maybe they are cramping my JD abilities hahahaha j/l

mama23waitnon1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:12 AM

I have had been called on three times, twice local and one federal.

Sat on the jury the first time, which was at our local courthouse..it was a good experience and I am glad that I had it.

The one time I got called for federal duty, the courthouse is located like four hours away and I was excused for various reasons.

The second time that I got called for local duty, the summons arrived the day that I was in the hospital giving birth to my second youngest...hubby called me when he got home from the hospital to tell me, lol...needless to say, I was excused then too.

colins_mom
by Heather on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:12 AM
I want too sooo bad! My mom as gotten called 2 times in a year and a half and I'm like wtf! I wanna do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilahandElliot
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Honestly... I have no idea. I just kinda figured they would look into your family...

Quoting --Nicole--:

Quoting LilahandElliot:

Hmmm....does it really work like that? My dad and bro has been in the system alot so maybe they are cramping my JD abilities hahahaha j/l

I'm Aubree (or Bree), I'm a 22 year old, formula feeding, non-circumcising,  non-vaccinating, occasionally co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, brutally honest, thinks children can call their step-parent "mommy" or "daddy" if that's what they choose, wife to Andy since 04/07, mommy to Delilah Renee since 12/07, Mommy to Elliot Jay since 08/09, and step-mommy to Brookelyn Lucille (born 09/05).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)