Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!! Need advice!!---sorry it's long!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:32 AM
  • 4 Replies

So I moved into an apartment a few months ago, they aren't the best but it works and are decent enough.  Well I noticed a few weeks ago that there were some bugs, not alot but enough that I was creeped out.  I'm currently pregnant..due next week and my ds is 6.  Well they came to do their usual pest control thing, well then it was like there were more of them...wasn't sure what they were.  I took a pic of one and it looks like they are earwigs, but smaller.  I live in a basement level apartment.  I'm not a dirty person, my house is always clean and I clean the bathroom and kitchen just about everyday.  I read online that they like moist areas, well I live in Iowa and we have had a lot of rain lately.  The management people have come to spray again and now its worse.  I'm staying with my mom tonight and will be calling them in the morning, I'm seriously in tears cause I'm soo sick of this, plus I will be having a baby soon and don't want bugs on my kids!!!  Is there anything I can do if they don't take care of this?!?!   Thanks!

Sorry its soo long

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ff-princess
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:44 AM

unfortunately that's part of living in a basement apartment.  our basement is completely refurbished and consists of a laundry room, furnace room, bedroom, bath, and family room.  it's clean, it's neat.  there's still bugs, when it gets wet out they come in through the drains seeking the comfort your home provides.  I would recommend knocking off the spraying while you're pregnant or have a little one in the house, it's really not going to do a great deal of good and it's harmful to inhale that stuff on a regular basis.

tys_mama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:48 AM

BUMP!

MaeHamMomma
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:48 AM

I agree with PP, plus even if your clean your neighbors might not be.

Sorry momma, but you might have to move.

Oh, and your post was not long :)

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:42 AM

Hope everything works out okay!  I hate bugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)