Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which car seat?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:44 AM
  • 11 Replies

DS has about outgrown his convertible car seat, and I still have no idea what to get him. I'm about to do a ton of reading, but I thought I'd ask for recommendations as well. He's about 35lbs (not sure) and roughly 40" (I had to measure him while he was asleep, so again not sure). I'd like to keep him in a 5pt harness as long as possible, but we need something affordable as well. So, can you ladies give me any pointers? =)

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:45 AM
Dd rides in a graco nautilus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:01 AM

Thanks - that's the best looking one I've seen so far =) I was drooling over the Britax Regent at one point, but there's no way we could afford that. Most others seem to be belt-positioning boosters from 40lbs up, and I'd really rather have at least a 3pt harness, especially when they cost almost as much. Any idea what the height limit is? I've checked several reviews and none of them say =( MI law says kids under 4'9" need at least a booster, and I'd like to avoid having to get yet another seat later on.

xtwistedxlovex
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:06 AM

Okay, I'm guessing I'm just being stupid and there is no height limit, 'cause I finally found the product page and even it doesn't list one.

misselphaba
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Both my kids have Nautilus carseats.  Also, I have my nephew in one when he's in my car.  We LOVE them.  The kids don't complain about sitting in them.  My son is almost 7 and weighs 44 pounds and we still have him in the 5-point harness.  They are fantastic seats!

mia35
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Alpha Omega Elite its awesome and was only 85 dollars at costco

N-o-e-l
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:12 AM

I have this one, and I love it.

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Noël(21) & Brandon(23)
TTC since 3/1/08
M/C on 4/19/08
CP #1- 1/5/08
CP #2- 4/4/10

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:26 AM

Quoting N-o-e-l:

I have this one, and I love it.

that one only goes to 40 lbs as a 5 point booster op said her ds is 35 pretty stupid to spend that much on a car seat you can only use for 5 more lbs. my ds is almost 5 and has the graco nautilus and i love it its only 139 with a 10 e gift card at walmart.com

xtwistedxlovex
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:33 AM

I don't have a cosco membership. I've even looked at 3pt harnesses and those all cost more, so I think we'll be going with the nautilus. Thanks ladies!

.stella.
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:42 AM

graco nautilus. Harnesses til 65lbs.

Madysmommy04
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:44 AM

I have the nautilus for my DD who is 5 almost 6. She is about 48 lbs. The seat is amazing! My dd loves it!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)