• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kind of a spin off from ther "bad mom ff v Erf" post

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:44 AM
  • 21 Replies
This was a question that popped into my head as I was reading the replys for that post...For those people that were being referred to as the "erf nazis"--the AARP was getting thrown around--erf is recommended per them it's safer...all that..so here is my question..Do you vax your kids? Isn't the AARP also who says the vaxes are important and they need to be done? So if you do not vax, why is the AARP not good enough to listen to in this instance but the car seat issue it is?

**edit** AARP or American Pediatrics I mean, sorry I'm tired**
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snugglesaurus
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:46 AM

Well I erf my daughter until she was 2.5yo when she met the height limit of her seat. I also vax my kids b/c I figure the odds of my kids getting autism from vaccinations are probably about as high as the odds of them dying from a disease that could have been prevented and you can't die from autism so... vax wins for me.

Oh, i'm not a nazi though. I do think it's safer, but I have never told another mom what to do with her kids. I think most moms take the info they get and make the decision they feel is best; it's none of my business.

Viperkaylin
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:47 AM

Because everyone feels that their opinions and choices are the right ones no matter what others say. They use different health organizations to back up their opinions cuz it makes their stance seem more "right", but then they will come up with all sorts of reasons to back up their other opinions.

.stella.
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:47 AM

I ERF my kids and they are completely and totally up to date vaxed. They also drank formula too lol. I think ERF mama's get the rap of being "crunchy" kwim, but that's not always the case.

Good luck with this post, it might get deleted.

jessigarrett
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:50 AM

I ERF but I dont preach about it ppl can make their own choices with their kids and i vax cause id rather have a child with autism than no child at all

Viperkaylin
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:51 AM

They only get deleted because the ERF nazis, vax nazi's, BF nazis, etc come in and attack everyone who doesn't agree with them. If people could be informative instead of bitchy then these posts wouldn't get out of control.

Quoting .stella.:

I ERF my kids and they are completely and totally up to date vaxed. They also drank formula too lol. I think ERF mama's get the rap of being "crunchy" kwim, but that's not always the case.

kelliehelvie
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:51 AM

Good point!

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:51 AM

I ERF and both my kids are fully vax. I didn't know there was a correlation between car seat safety and vaxing.

snugglesaurus
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:52 AM

No. They get deleted b/c both sides argue and neither side is nice about it.

Quoting Viperkaylin:

They only get deleted because the ERF nazis, vax nazi's, BF nazis, etc come in and attack everyone who doesn't agree with them. If people could be informative instead of bitchy then these posts wouldn't get out of control.

Quoting .stella.:

.stella.
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:54 AM

me either. *scratches head*

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

I ERF and both my kids are fully vax. I didn't know there was a correlation between car seat safety and vaxing.

Viperkaylin
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:54 AM

When I say nazi's I mean the ones who are passionate about whatever their choice is. So whether they are pro-vax or anti-vax, pro-ERF or anti-ERF, and on and on. It's the ones who think they are right no matter what that get the posts deleted.

Quoting snugglesaurus:

No. They get deleted b/c both sides argue and neither side is nice about it.

Quoting Viperkaylin:

Quoting .stella.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)