Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:32 AM
  • 14 Replies

Ok last one about my crazy in laws

So the reason we are having our kids b-day on the same day is b/c my dad wouldnt be able to come on a Sun. so we moved it to Sat....my SIL never told me when she was thinking of having his party, so I wrote her telling her I needed that Sat...then she gets an attitude about it, so I got one back & told her I wasnt changing my date...After all that I asked her what time she was having his party, b/c I was going to have dd's at 3, so they would have plenty of time for their party, but she never wrote me back..she is just posting stuff on her fb about it like a baby!(Their b-day's are withing 2 days of each other btw)

So was I wrong to plan it on the same day but later in the day?They are acting like Im a horrible person, but I think they are being overly dramatic!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmom2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:38 AM

BUMP!

Allynmj
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:43 AM
If she had hers planned months in advance and you just waited till the last minute to change yours then yes you were wrong. You cant just expect them to totally rearrange a party on short notice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jothra
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:44 AM

What time is her party?

I only ask because I have been put in that position before. I emailed months in advance because it was a holiday weekend about what time we were having our party. SIL planned her party 3 hours ahead of mine, a week before her kid's bday and two weeks before the actual party. Things didn't go as planned for her party, so everyone was late coming to mine. They planned to only be 30 min late, everyone was 1-2 hours late. Kinda sucked on my end, but in the end, it didn't really matter, we just proceeded with the party and if everyone was late and missed things, that was their problem.

ETA- I agree with the PP. At least you are asking, I'll give you kudos for that. We didn't get an invite or a heads up, just heard it through the grapevine. I also heard through the grapevine that she was coming to ours, after not RSVPing, then never showed up.

lovinmom2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:46 AM

Quoting Allynmj:

If she had hers planned months in advance and you just waited till the last minute to change yours then yes you were wrong. You cant just expect them to totally rearrange a party on short notice

They said they had this date picked out since New Years, but they never told me anything about this...also her party isnt until the end of Aug. so Im not changing it last minute.

roxy85
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:46 AM

This is my thought! It depends on who planned which party first on who would be wrong. Althought I don't see why you can't just have one GIANT party altogether since I assume there are people who would want to attend both parties.

Quoting Allynmj:

Party Balloons Child Birthday Ticker
Join my group for EUROPEAN AMERICAN MAMAS!
lovinmom2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Quoting roxy85:

This is my thought! It depends on who planned which party first on who would be wrong. Althought I don't see why you can't just have one GIANT party altogether since I assume there are people who would want to attend both parties.

Quoting Allynmj:

Well I always plan my kids party pretty much after their present party, but her baby is turning one, so I thought me & her could be adults about it & figure something out, but she wants the whole day...we cant have the party together, b/c for one we hate each other & also,  I want my baby to have her own party..she will be in preschool so this will be the first party where friends come..kwim?

lovinmom2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:52 AM

Quoting jothra:

What time is her party?

I only ask because I have been put in that position before. I emailed months in advance because it was a holiday weekend about what time we were having our party. SIL planned her party 3 hours ahead of mine, a week before her kid's bday and two weeks before the actual party. Things didn't go as planned for her party, so everyone was late coming to mine. They planned to only be 30 min late, everyone was 1-2 hours late. Kinda sucked on my end, but in the end, it didn't really matter, we just proceeded with the party and if everyone was late and missed things, that was their problem.

ETA- I agree with the PP. At least you are asking, I'll give you kudos for that. We didn't get an invite or a heads up, just heard it through the grapevine. I also heard through the grapevine that she was coming to ours, after not RSVPing, then never showed up.

I dont know what time SIL party is..Im assuming 12 since she said she wants it to be an all day thing, Im have dd's at 3, but the only person coming from SIL's party is my FIL so it isnt like a ton of ppl would be late...and he wouldnt miss my dd's b-day party for anything..she is a paw-paw's girl..lol

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:52 AM
Change the date, avoid the dramz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jothra
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:55 AM

I wouldn't do it, just be the bigger person and don't change the date. Maybe just some special time with your dad.

lovinmom2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:55 AM

Quoting SadiasMomma:

Change the date, avoid the dramz

The only way I can change the date is if I move it to 2 weeks after her b-day & Im not doing that, my nieces party is also the Sat. before the weekend of both their parties....my niece is their child, so I dont get why they get 2 Saturday's in a row?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)