Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Mature Teen

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:43 AM
  • 40 Replies

So today when the sun rises again I will be heading to Oregon with my fifteen year old TEENAGER for the Nationals Dance competition, my parents/students already left yesterday. I don't being behind, more time with me family ;)

Anyhow well, considering that teens in the majority so mature, I found it ironic as I took my teen to the grocery store because she was fussing to daddy how she wanted healthy foods to snack on for the trip... ya ok.

So we get to the store and Im zipping by the veggie section, the only thing she picks is a cucumber. Meanwhile I drop down another isle and grab me cookies, gatorade and all that jazz (afterall I plan to enjoy my 14 hour drive ya know) and here she is tossing in pop, cheeze crackers, so forth.

OK so I head over the the pharmists section for cough meds, just got over that horrid cold/flu crap going around.... Turn around and that teen has a box of fancy colored tampons whatever else, mind you stuff really didnt need that she basically already has she just wanted those COLORED tampons for whatever reason anyone needs neon colored tampons for pugs sakes. Well she got all snippy with me and huffy puffy Im like dude... Do you have a job? Are you paying for this stuff? I mean come on we are on a $500 budget for this whole trip, $200 has to go towards workshop, and let us not forget the gas for that 14 hour there and 14 hours back... So I kindly tell her either she pays for it or put it back (all that crap she collected).

Yes, she pouted, huffed whined, complained just like a mature teenager *grins* better yet when we got home she ran to daddy and "tattled on me" love it when she does that *winks*

Overall I don't mind she is a bit whiny, moody, snappy, puts like my four year old, afterall she is a teen :)

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanut081981
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:44 AM

rolling on floorrolling on floorrolling on floorrolling on floorrolling on floor

peanut081981
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:44 AM

I'm sorry. Your title made me laugh. Oh the irony.

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:45 AM
I want neon tampons!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pyrateprincess
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:46 AM

gee..i can't wait till dd is a teen! not. lol

lcappytan05
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:46 AM

maybe you should have picked her up some midol for PMS...lol, jk.

iluv2meow
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:47 AM

I know!!! they were seriously NEON COLOREDC??? why in the hell do people need neon colored tampons??? *shakes head* musta been invented by teens LOL

Quoting SadiasMomma:

I want neon tampons!

JMVITT
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:48 AM

But she is ready to play house now right?  She is mature enough for that I am sure of it!

peanut081981

Actually, I would totally buy neon tampons.

Quoting iluv2meow:

I know!!! they were seriously NEON COLOREDC??? why in the hell do people need neon colored tampons??? *shakes head* musta been invented by teens LOL

Quoting SadiasMomma:

I want neon tampons!

bananahammock1

Sweet!

snugglesaurus
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:49 AM

me too (:`

Quoting peanut081981:

Actually, I would totally buy neon tampons.

Quoting iluv2meow:

Quoting SadiasMomma:

I want neon tampons!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)