• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is the crap I have to put up with....

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:50 AM
  • 11 Replies

I swear, everytime I get on the computer this little one jumps onto my desk and lays in this exact spot. But, isn't she cute??? LOL.(Yes, that's CM in the background.)

marineswashing dishesbaby girl

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaDanseuse
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Awww, I want a kitty!!!! But after going to his mom's and finding spray on the entertainment center, and in the bathroom, he won't let me :(

NuM1mOmMyOf2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:54 AM

awww she is soooo flippin cute! i love kitties!!!

emmiesmommy1109
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:34 AM

BUMP!

Higginson36
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Sooo cute!! We miss our kitty.....DH very allergic to them.  :(

Spring_Mommy
by Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Very cute but they drive my allergies nuts :(

candra186
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM

You know that having an orange female is kinda rare right? Well she's super cute =) I <3 kitties too

Devious103102
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:58 AM

How CUTE!

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:59 AM

ahhh cute kitty

emmiesmommy1109
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Quoting candra186:

You know that having an orange female is kinda rare right? Well she's super cute =) I <3 kitties too

I had no idea. I mean, I knew that any orange tabby I had ever seen was male but I thought it was just the luck of the draw.

marineswashing dishesbaby girl

jojuzach
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Awww looks like what my cats do to me, they seem to know that laying in front of the keyboard is the bestest place on earth to be.  I was told years ago that cats sex genes and colour genes are interconnected somehow. True orange tabbies all tend to be male like a tortise shell cat tends to be female - tortise shell being a cat with 3 colours on them and none of the colours are white. I did a quick google and got this as better explanation -

Q: I have heard that all orange tabby cats are male, and to find one that is female is rare and worth up to $1,000. I also have heard that calico cats and tortoiseshell cats are female and to find a male is just as rare and prized. Is there any truth to this?

A: Your first statement is incorrect. Most, but certainly not all, orange tabby cats are male. It’s about 80/20 male to female. We have many female orange tabbies in my practice. There is no monetary value, per se, associated with a female orange tabby cat. Calico and tortoiseshell cats, however, are almost always female.

Here’s how it works. To have black and orange in the same cat, you need two X chromosomes. Two X chromosomes mean the cat will be female. Male cats need a Y chromosome and are XY.

Occasionally a mutation will arise during embryonic development and a kitten will be born with an extra chromosome: XXY. The two Xs allow for it to be black and orange. The Y makes it a male. This is how you get a tortoiseshell or a calico male cat. They’re uncommon (one out of 3000 are male), but don’t get your hopes up about breeding them for money. As a result of this mutation, most of them are sterile.

Edited to add that was taken from Catchannel.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)