Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So yesterday was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! (long) (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:26 AM
  • 15 Replies

UGH!  I swear yesterday was the worst day ever.  I posted before about my MIL bringing our nephew to work with her (we own a store and she works for us) she has been told that she can't do that, it's not safe and if something happened then I know SIL would sue the pants off of us.  Not to mention she can't get done what she needs to, etc.  It's just not a place for kids.  DH told her she could do it TEMPORARALIY and that she needed to have a new place for him to go in 2 weeks or we were cutting her hours.

So day before yesterday I went down there (nephew was there and had been all day, she worked 8-5) and she said she wanted to sit down with me and figure out a schedule.  I said (this is verbatim) "I have to take Bella to the groomers in the morning, but I will try to come down after that."  Fine, OK.  We (me and the kids) walked out.

Go down the next day and nephew is down there again (it's been over 2 weeks since she was warned about it) and I asked her what hours she was going to be available to work.  She said "Well, he starts school on the 26th of July and he goes 8-1."  I said "So, you aren't going to be able to work during the week anymore."  She said "Why can't I work during the week?"  I said "B/c he can't be in here, it's not safe."  She flipped out on me.  Said "I am going to talk to Robby (DH) about this."  I said "I just talked to him, he agrees with me, it's not safe and he can't be in here everyday."  She started SCREAMING at me that she was quiting and today was her last day.  I walked out, and went to get Rob to deal with his mother.  While I was gone another employee happened to come in and she asked her to come work for her, she said she had to go get ready and she would be in.  Rob went downstairs and she flipped out on him screaming that she wanted her money and he told her he would give it to her when he was ready.  She left. 

For the record, I never raised my voice, I was calm, cool and collected through the whole thing.  DH was mad at me and we had a huge fight about it.  He says since I was mad about it when I talked to him that he thinks whether I meant to or not that I got an attitude with her.  I did not.  We fought and now we are OK and are trying to work on some things.  He believes me now he says.  After all this MIL started sending texts.  She sent one to Rob that said something like "We were always so close and after you got married it's like she wouldn't let you come around and see me anymore."  UGH!  His family always does that.  They hate me.  They have all been really awful and he makes the decision (on his own I might add) to not talk to them it's always my fault.  He doesn't do anything I say number 1, and number 2 I wouldn't order him not to see his family.  He can see them whenever he wants.  Anyway this is the one she sent to me (sorry it doesn't make since, she is an idiot):

"Robby is my family.  That store long before you and my kids grew up there with their grandfather.  I know it was you that didn't want me there you have never liked me and you never let me be around your kids.  Yea it is not ideal for kids.  But that was my only option I had.  I told robby that.  he said it was ok for now.  Then you came in and said I couldn't work there any during the week.  Yes u had an attitude yesterday with me.  So u all never have to worry aboutme ever contacting you all again.  The end!"

To which I replied:

"OK, I never got attitude with u.  I understand that he told you that you could do it TEMPORAILY.  I don't have a problem with that.  But it is not safe for him to be in there all day everyday.  I have always liked u.  After some of the stuff other members of his family have put me through you are a ray of sunshine.  I did not want you gone, but I can't allow u to do that when I wouldn't let anyone else.  If u wanted to come see the kids u could have called.  u never told me you wanted to see them."

UGH!  She never answered me back, didn't expect her too.  Rob and her have never been close.  She left him and his sister when they were kids and has done countless other things.  One of which was not coming to our wedding b/c she didn't want to be around FIL.  Before they moved down here about a year ago we were lucky if we heard form them once a month.  His entire family is awful.  I posted this befor, but SIL posted on myspace that Dh should divorce me.  She sent me a nasty email.  I could go on and on, if you need more info just ask.

Well, if ALL that wasn't enough.  I was on the phone with our other employees trying to work out a schedule.  I have to go out on the porch b/c we use cell phones and our service is spotty in the apartment.  DD (2) was taking a nap and I filled up the watering can and had DS (4) out on the porch with me watering plants.  He said he wanted a drink, so I let him go in b/c the fridge is right there beside the door.  He came back out and closed the door.  So I get off the phone and try to open the door, yep you guessed it LOCKED!  I have no keys on me, and I am freaking out b/c my baby is in there!  So I ended up pushing the window air conditioner back through the window, breaking a glass top table in the process.  Got a ten gallon bucket and put in on the steps (under the window, our apt is weird) and launching myself into the window.  I had hoist my fat butt through the window and unlock the door.  My arm is all bruised and scraped from the brick on the outside of the window.  Go over to get DD and she is awake.  Has taken her diaper off and pooped in the bed!  So I spent all evening cleaning up poop and glass.  Cut my freaking finger while I was cleaning the glass!  Yeah, I don't know if I am going out today at all.  Oh and this is on top of our renter drama, which I can't even go into. 

I swear to you all of this is true.  It is almost to crazy to be believable, but it is.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:33 AM
What kind of store is it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:34 AM
Oh mama *hugs* it does get better, I promise! I hope you get a reprieve from the drama very soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ps.iloveyou
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:36 AM
Oh man, I would spend the whole day today just lounging after a day like that!! ::hugs::

DH's family seems like a bunch or douchebags!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:41 AM

I am sry that your mil is a freaking nut- I don't know why someone would want to bring their grandchild somwhere that is dangerious for them? that in itself boggles my mind- why not show her why its dangerous and try to talk to her about it - show her where it says about children being in the workplace.  and let her make the decision from there.  but make sure that you and dh are on the same page when it comes to EVERYTHING with her and I wouldn't discuss a SINGLE thing w/her alone I would always make sure that your dh is there to witness any and all conversations

MommytoNandA
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:54 AM

It's kind of a grocery/convience store.  We don't have gas or anything and we mostly only sell cigarettes and beer.  We have bread and milk, just the basics.

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

What kind of store is it?

DamianaFire
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:57 AM
I'm not sure what to say except. (((hugs sweetie))). It will get better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommytoNandA
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:57 AM

We talked about it before I left to go talk to her.  He agreed with me.  He is like me though and hates confrontation.  So he just lets her do what she wants and makes me be the bad guy.  I can't stand it either, I was shaking and nervous most of the day yesterday.  It just grates on me. 

Yes, MIL is a nut.  She didn't give me time to offer a solution or anything, but whatever, she's gone now.  Dh says he is not talking to her.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

I am sry that your mil is a freaking nut- I don't know why someone would want to bring their grandchild somwhere that is dangerious for them? that in itself boggles my mind- why not show her why its dangerous and try to talk to her about it - show her where it says about children being in the workplace.  and let her make the decision from there.  but make sure that you and dh are on the same page when it comes to EVERYTHING with her and I wouldn't discuss a SINGLE thing w/her alone I would always make sure that your dh is there to witness any and all conversations

MommytoNandA
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Thanks.  I hope so! 

Quoting DamianaFire:

I'm not sure what to say except. (((hugs sweetie))). It will get better

MommytoNandA
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:59 AM

I told DH I am going to go get a mani/pedi, LOL.

Quoting ps.iloveyou:

Oh man, I would spend the whole day today just lounging after a day like that!! ::hugs::

DH's family seems like a bunch or douchebags!

isaiahsmomma86
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:04 AM

Never fun dealing with family. lol I did laugh at you're "hoist my fat butt through the window to unlock the door" comment though, I had to hoist my butt through the window the other day too. lol, a very small window at that. lol I'm sorry you hurt yourself though. :( I'm sorry your mil is being a douche too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)