Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need little girl help!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM
  • 15 Replies
Ok so my almost 6yr old darling daughter has recently been really focused on breasts. I am so worried, I mean it is a weird fascination. She points at hers, at mine, giggles at other people's... Then the bomb last night... I was home sick and didn't have a bra on. I was laying on the sofa and got a chill, well we all know what that causes... Well she was sitting next to me and began to stare, so I covvered up. Well she covered up with me and then... Grabbed my nipple! I was like what are you doing?!?! I know I probably didn't react properly but what are you supposed to say? It was horrible. She kept laughing. It isn't funny. So I did the whole these are my private parts for me and yours are for you. I told her we don't touch other people's. But she kept laughing! What do I do. Is this normal? Have you been through this? Help?!?!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaiahsmomma86
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:18 AM

I've got no clue. so here's a bump!!!

candra186
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:21 AM

BUMP!

shajdinyak
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:23 AM
no clue but my 2 yr old dd is obssessed too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessicaM07
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:26 AM

My 2yo will point out "mommy's big bobbies" and "Daria's little bobbies", but other then that I haven't had to deal with that, yet.

So here is a bump, and I want to see what pople say to do.

MamaBear2cubs
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:28 AM

BUMP!

Shauna71904
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:30 AM
Thanks ladies for the bumps... It is so weird, but I'm so scared to scar her sexually you know... Dr's always say not to make this exploration negative... Ughhhh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessiejack
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Just normal I think. I would not make a big deal about it. The more you make out of it the more she will make out of it. Let her know that all girls have them and someday she will have them just like you do. that they are very important for women to have. Did you breast feed? if you did tell her that they are used for young babys to eat. Tell the truth. She will leave them alone.

Shauna71904
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:35 AM
I didn't breast feed, well she wouldn't as a baby. I guess explaining it like that might help, but is it ok to just bring it up, now that it is over and have a talk now? Wow I wasn't ready for this! Ok thanks!

Quoting Jessiejack:

Just normal I think. I would not make a big deal about it. The more you make out of it the more she will make out of it. Let her know that all girls have them and someday she will have them just like you do. that they are very important for women to have. Did you breast feed? if you did tell her that they are used for young babys to eat. Tell the truth. She will leave them alone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:35 AM

There is another post on here where a mom talks about how her 6 year old hates her own body and her 6 year old complains that she herself is fat.  Your daughter obviously loves her body and is curious about other people. It's normal.  Some girls, but not all will get their menstrual cycle in 6 years.  This is just one step along the chain to her becoming a good mama like you.  I think it is also wonderful even though it was uncomfortable to you that she feels comfortable exploring her body or yours for that matter in front of you.  It is wonderful that you create an atmosphere where she feels safe to explore in this innocent and natural way.

I think you handled it well.  Good job, Momma!

Shauna71904
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:43 AM
Oh man you sound like a Michelle duggar mom! I bet you are really calm! Thanks for the response. I know it is somewhat natural, but I never expected her to focus on mine, you know. Even now as we are waking up (we had a slumber party in my bed) she mentioned them again! I just told her, those are moms please don't talk about them... I said those are mine for private and those are yours for private. Yikes out of no where!

Thanks for the help!

Quoting CAMKsMom:

There is another post on here where a mom talks about how her 6 year old hates her own body and her 6 year old complains that she herself is fat.  Your daughter obviously loves her body and is curious about other people. It's normal.  Some girls, but not all will get their menstrual cycle in 6 years.  This is just one step along the chain to her becoming a good mama like you.  I think it is also wonderful even though it was uncomfortable to you that she feels comfortable exploring her body or yours for that matter in front of you.  It is wonderful that you create an atmosphere where she feels safe to explore in this innocent and natural way.

I think you handled it well.  Good job, Momma!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)