Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help ASAP! PLEASE!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:30 AM
  • 9 Replies

My little sisters birthday is today.  She is turning 12.  I have NO idea what to get her!  I am not at my parents house that much, well once a week for Sunday dinner, but she does not talk very much.  She is always on her phone or playing her DS.  I know her favorite color is blue and thats it!  Any suggestions would be great, I think  a DS game is out, she is on that thing enough,  

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Shawnie8187
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:38 AM

A gift card, just buy her a visa pre paid gift card and she can buy what she wants!

MNLETLE
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:39 AM
I was also going to suggest a gift card.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Has she read Twilight or seen the movies?? Most girls that age like that series...also the PP's suggestion of a gift card is spot on!

Claire

Michelle2003mom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Ask your mom what she likes. Other than that, a gift card so she can get what she wants like the other ladies said. 

Jessiejack
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:41 AM

I dont know my daughter is 12 But those silly bandz are very in but sounds like she may be on a different level than my 12 year old. As she is not allowed to play that much on her DS or talk that much on the phone. What about a Bean Bag chair for her room in blue. Sounds like some time together would be a good thing for the 2 of you take her to get her nails done. And an ice cream Sunday

lovingwifey
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Her older sister has all the books and I offered to take her to see the movie Eclipse at midnight since I am taking my other sister, but my parents said no, and for the gift ccard that is a no go too, she will take hours trying to pick something out!  I do not want to put my parents through that, I offered to take her myself so she could pick something out, and they said no. That I would be there for 6 hours. 

Quoting mcginnisc:

Has she read Twilight or seen the movies?? Most girls that age like that series...also the PP's suggestion of a gift card is spot on!

Claire

gaverette
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Earing , a neclace or something like that. That Is what I get my niece. I get them from either walmart or target.

lovingwifey
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Well the issue with the DS is that she is on it constantly and always messaging on her phone and my parents are trying to get her away from that, they want her to play more outside, ect.  she is 30 pounds overweight.  (that is what her doc said she needed to lose) The silly bandz are a good idea, I wonder where they sell those?  She is just so hard to buy for!  My ten year old sister and 17 year old sister is super easy! (they have only been with my parents for 1 1/2 (adopted) that is why I do not know too much)

Quoting Jessiejack:

I dont know my daughter is 12 But those silly bandz are very in but sounds like she may be on a different level than my 12 year old. As she is not allowed to play that much on her DS or talk that much on the phone. What about a Bean Bag chair for her room in blue. Sounds like some time together would be a good thing for the 2 of you take her to get her nails done. And an ice cream Sunday

lovingwifey
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Thats what I was thinking, maybe some necklaces, and bracelets.  I know I loved getting that stuff at that age, heck still do! lol

Quoting gaverette:

Earing , a neclace or something like that. That Is what I get my niece. I get them from either walmart or target.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)