Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Van and car seat question

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:28 AM
  • 33 Replies

I have a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan. I have twins and I am due again in October so I was wondering how should I set up the car seats.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessiejack
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Who old are the twins?

BabyinAug08
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Does your van have the middle seats wear you sit together (one person on the end, one in the middle) or does it have two seperate seats?

Greeneyedtwins
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM

it has 2 seperate seats

Quoting BabyinAug08:

Does your van have the middle seats wear you sit together (one person on the end, one in the middle) or does it have two seperate seats?

Greeneyedtwins
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:34 AM

they are 10 months but will be 14 months when the baby gets here. I am going to keep them RF for a bit longer though so I will have 3 RF

Quoting Jessiejack:

Who old are the twins?

Jessiejack
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:38 AM

That is a hard one. Can you take the back seat that shoud seat 3 and move it to the middle that way you can have all 3 in the same row. If not you might be better to put the twins forward facing when the baby gets here.

Greeneyedtwins
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:38 AM

BUMP!

Greeneyedtwins
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM

my husband wants to put then FFing at a year but everyone keeps telling me how much safer it will be to keep them RF until the max out the seat so I am torn

Quoting Jessiejack:

That is a hard one. Can you take the back seat that shoud seat 3 and move it to the middle that way you can have all 3 in the same row. If not you might be better to put the twins forward facing when the baby gets here.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I would put the twins outboard in the back and the baby in one of the middle seats. 

Karyanne24
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:46 AM
Definately keep them rf!! Much safer for them. Not familiar with the van though, but I think most vans can do 3 rf.... Just play around with them until you get the right placement.

Quoting Greeneyedtwins:

my husband wants to put then FFing at a year but everyone keeps telling me how much safer it will be to keep them RF until the max out the seat so I am torn

Quoting Jessiejack:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:46 AM

ok, I would put one of the twins drivers side outboard, the other twin in the back row and the baby passenger side in the middle seat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)