Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AT WHAT AGE DID THEY START SLLEPING IN A TODDLER BED????

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:46 AM
  • 13 Replies

i had my first two kids about 3 years apart so i didnt rush the whole toddler bed issue.. but i am 7 mos pregnant and we have a 13 month old also... at first i figured we could just have two cribs.. but then i thought that would be a waste of money and that i could just go buy a nice toddler bed and try and get him started and used to it before his sister is born...

he loves the toddler bed.. in the daytime lol.. but at night he wont sleep in it. i have to wait till he falls asleep, then transfer him to the toddler bed.. i know hes yound and it will take some time.. hopefully by end august he will be in it at night!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanielleK21
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Sorry I don't know. I never used a toddler bed I went straight to a twin sized bed and my dd loved her big girl bed from the first day on.

MNLETLE
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM
I switched DD to a twin from the crib BC I think toddler beds are a waste of $. Why bother to only make the switch again. KWIM? She switched right at 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christenw
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM
my daughter went in a toddler bed around 15 months. she got to take a book or toy to bed with her and that seemed to help her stay in. She also got to pick a night light to put next to her bed. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newtons06
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:52 AM
He was about 15 months. But now he sleeps in our bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emmy217
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:53 AM

We used a toddler bed only because we already had one (it was my nephew's). We moved my daughter out of the crib and into the toddler bed when she was just over 2 years old. She's 2 and a half now and does pretty good. There are still a few days that we have to do a lot of "GET BACK IN YOUR BED" threats. When we moved her into the toddler bed we kept her crib in the room. When she would keep getting out of bed we would say "do you want to sleep in the baby crib?" that always worked good!

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:53 AM
He sleeps in my bed and hogs a queen sized bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Naeem has been in a toddler bed since around 9 months.  He was a climber!  I got an awesome deal on a train bed @ a yard sale.  :)  GL

mysteriousdaze
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM

My son went to a toddler bed at 22 months but he was ready around 15 months. We waited because we didn't want to pack up 3 beds when we moved.

livinmylife10
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:58 AM

thats what i wanted to do but we have a oversized king sized bed along with the new babys crib and 2 dressers theres no way we could even fit a regular bed in the room lol

Quoting MNLETLE:

I switched DD to a twin from the crib BC I think toddler beds are a waste of $. Why bother to only make the switch again. KWIM? She switched right at 2.

tippymorgan08
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Our son's crib is a 4-in-1 which goes from crib to toddler bed to daybed then to full sized bed. When he hit the climbing faze, my husband and I decided to convert his bed to the toddler bed. He was only a few months past a year of age, but I wanted to make sure that he realized that it was still his bed, just being changed to a big boy bed, so he was in the room with us when we made the conversion and got to help out. I believe that made the transition a bit easier for him. He was restless the first couple of nights but afterwards he was fine. Just make it a fun process for him. Let him help you put the bed together and maybe pick out a new toddler bed set. Make sure to hype it up too! Let him know that you are proud that he is going to be sleeping in a big boy bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)