• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Term "Nazi"

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM
  • 122 Replies

I just want to point out to some of the posters here, when using the term "nazi" to describe something, whether it is a breastfeeding "nazi" or rear facing "nazi" using the term "nazi" is HIGHLY offensive to people and comparing someone passionate about something to being a nazi is nothing short of disgusting...

Please think before you use certain terms.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof2grls06
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I agree. Nazi's killed people. Breastfeeding and ERF people are trying to help your child, not kill them.

A proud Christian, Republican, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Natural, Drug free Childbirthing, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CRY IT OUT, Anti-vax, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls and wife to my Marine!

It's a child not a choice.

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference.

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM

shouting

I couldnt agree more.  It get old. I sure as hell havent killed anyone if they didnt agree to rear face. 

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:05 AM
Maybe they shouldn't cram their fucking beliefs on people and not call them bad moms because they don't ERF. I'm not trying to be a bitch but I have seen many posts were they are calling a mom a bad parent because they don't ERF. I've been called a bad mom because I forward faced Aydan at a year. I'm not a bad mom, he's MY child and I chose to FF. Yes ERF is safer, I'm not denying it but I feel better with him FF. We've been in a bad accident were my car was totaled and he was fine. He didn't get hurt at all because his seat was in there right. Car seats saves lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CTRedSoxMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Then use another TERM.
Call them something ELSE.

Do you know what a Nazi is? 
Do you know what the Nazi's did?

I hardly think they can even be compared...

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Maybe they shouldn't cram their fucking beliefs on people and not call them bad moms because they don't ERF. I'm not trying to be a bitch but I have seen many posts were they are calling a mom a bad parent because they don't ERF. I've been called a bad mom because I forward faced Aydan at a year. I'm not a bad mom, he's MY child and I chose to FF. Yes ERF is safer, I'm not denying it but I feel better with him FF. We've been in a bad accident were my car was totaled and he was fine. He didn't get hurt at all because his seat was in there right. Car seats saves lives.

mrsjksimmons
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I don't care whether people call others names. It just shows that they are immature. I choose to state my opinion without name calling because it shows I am mature and can make an opinion stand out without using derogatory terms. I don't like it but if others want to call me a bitch or a nazi or whatever, it just reflects badly on them.

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM

But not everyone does that. Ive never once called anyone a bad mom for not RF. Its your child your decision. My job as an advocate(and future CPST) is to educate and get the word out so parents can make an educated decision. My group of car seat mommies would NEVER insult anyone like that. We just want kids to be safe. And to lump everyone together is just rude and offensive to those that are nice and polite, even when WE are getting bashed because we care about all kids and not just our own.

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Aslen
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Show me a post where someone actually said, "You're a bad mother." Chances are, it won't be there. Women get too damn defensive over shit. Just because I may post a link about the dangers of formula, for example....all it is is INFORMATION. It's not calling someone a bad mother. If soemone posts info on ERF, some women take it as an attack when it's NOT.

As far as the term nazi, I've been called so much worse it doens't bother me. I'm a rebid lactivist/intactivist, so i can take whatever names people throw at me.

Forget-me-not
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM
Are you at all familar with the term? I'm highly offened by it.. Highly offended are you one of those women who used racest and offensive terms like faggot in your daily life if so than maybe you should consider the fact your children listen and will repeat your ugliness :(

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Julielle
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Would you prefer the term Breastfeeding Tyrant?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)