Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What car seat do you ladies reccomend?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:06 AM
  • 11 Replies

My kids are 2 and 4. My dd is 36 lbs and 42 inches tall. My ds is 35 lbs and 34 inches tall. Right now they are both in a 5 point harness that goes to 40 lbs. I want to continue the 5 point harness as long as possible. What seat do you reccomend?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymama2kids
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM
both my kids have the nautilus and they are great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adamjackie
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Thank you. I thought I would have longer with my son but he is about to pass his sister up on size. lol

La-Belle-Vie
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM

What is your budget?

Look at the Graco Nautilus and the Britax Frontier or the Frontier 85.  The Britax will get you longer in a 5 point but they are a bit pricier. 

All 3 of these seats will convert to a booster as well, so this will be the last seat you will need to purchase!

BabyinAug08
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I have the radian80 and I love it. It is heavy and was a PITA to install but well worth it. I got it on sale for about $215

ETA: Since you kid is almost already at 40 lbs. I would go with the graco nautilis though because that could convert to a booster and it would run you about $140-160 depending on where you buy it. I wouldn't buy the radian knowing that DS wouldn't get much use out of it.

Rear facing blinkie Pictures, Images and Photos

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Graco Nautilus or Britax Frontier85 would be my top choices

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM

What is your budget?

The Britax Frontier or the Graco Nautilus would be my top recommendations.

adamjackie
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Thank you ladies! When it comes to carseats I don't worry about the cost. I just want the best. Will definitly check out all these.

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:15 AM

IF cost is not an issue - definitely go for the Frontier or the Frontier 85!  :)

La-Belle-Vie
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Quoting adamjackie:

Thank you ladies! When it comes to carseats I don't worry about the cost. I just want the best. Will definitly check out all these.

If cost is not an issue then I would strongly suggest Britax Frontier 85

ETA: Come on over to the Car Seat Group in my siggy, we have a post on where to get seats at the best price out there!

Photobucket

SP_Mama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:34 AM

The Graco Nautilus.  We have one each for DS and SS.  DS is 3.5, 35 lbs, and about 38 inches tall.  SS is 4.5, 50 lbs, and a little over 40 inches tall.  Both are still harnessed.  It harness up to 65 lbs or about 52", then it becomes a HBB to 100 lbs and a backless booster up to 100 lbs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)