Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MOVING.....AGAIN!!! (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM
  • 20 Replies

**My thoughts are kind of jumbled so I apologize in advance!!**

I locked myself out of the house on Thursday so I called my landlord for the spare key. He said that I could come pick it up. After going inside to pick up the key DH came outside with some horrible news.The house that we are currently renting is being sold on TUESDAY June 29, 2010!!I was in serious shock because we just moved into this house in March 2010. Our landlord said that the person buying the property has no interest in being a landlord.He is buying it as an investment property to sell to the local college.I knew that the college was thinking about buying all of the homes in the surrounding area in order to expand but I didn't think that it would happen so quickly.Well, since finding out I have secured another home to rent and set up dates to have all of our utilities transferred to the new home.All I have left to do is pack up and move...AGAIN.I know that it could be a lot worse so I'm very thankful that my family is in a situation to be able to move.While the new home is actually a lot nicer it rents for $1000 a month where our current one rents for only $800.I'm also ticked off because we just had our new furniture delivered on Wednesday..Oh well!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2wy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Sorry momma! But atleast you are getting a nicer place and for only alittle more! GL with the move!

meishag
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Thanks!!

southernjess3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:33 AM

the landlord couldnt tell you sooner??? 

meishag
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:35 AM

That's what I asked too.Apparently he wasn't sure that the buyer would be able to secure financing. I think he was afraid that we would move and he would be stuck trying to find another tenant if his buyer did not come through.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Good luck with your move!

hugs

meishag
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Quoting bamababe1975:

Good luck with your move!

hugs

Thanks!!

love_my_family
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:48 AM

I know it's frustrating.  We moved in February and then again in June.  I don't plan on moving again for a long time.  It's a great way to clean out what you don't need though!

nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Your landlord is an asshat but glad you were able to find a new place.

meishag
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Quoting love_my_family:

I know it's frustrating.  We moved in February and then again in June.  I don't plan on moving again for a long time.  It's a great way to clean out what you don't need though!

That's exactly what DH said!!

DalmatianStars
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I'm guessing you guys didn't have a set lease? Normally if you have a lease, the buyer cannot legally kick you out until that lease ends. That really sucks though that you weren't informed sooner :( and that you have to move again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)