Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The BGGEST LOSER & Not Talk'in Weight Loss

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:43 AM
  • 4 Replies

So yesterday on my docket of to-do, was to cover a press conference for our local food bank networking group (as a writer I often get assignments like this). The network has launched a new "cultural" initiative to include locally grown, non-traditional fresh produce for the South Asian community (bok choy and etc.) in food baskets and have created a guide on where to shop for produce. Great idea since the South Asian diet is manly vegetarian and new immigrants have a difficult time locating familiar produce, or digesting the West's love affair with processed foods (none of us need that stuff!)

Anyway, I knew the press conference would take place at a farm - fine. But I had no idea I was gonna hav'ta hike in the bush in order to get to the press tent. I, of course, wore heels. Eee-gods, I gave it my best shot not to sink into the soft grass or trip over branches as I gamely made the trek - I didn't end up sprawled on the ground with my knees bleeding and my dress around my neck, but I didn't pull off a lady-like, this is no problem strut either! LOL

I felt like such a GIRL & LOSER with everyone staring at me, and all wearing comfortable footwear I might add.

God I hate when that happens - making a fool of ones-self by wardrobe! LOL So here's my question: what's your best girl or loser story?

Cheers, Trish

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lostandfound34
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:46 AM

being caught in the background on the local news dancing  singing to my self "I have a lovely bunch of coconuts"

mistie900
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:46 AM

LOL sorry that's funny though and something I would probably do.... though I would probably also "end up sprawled on the ground with my knees bleeding and my dress around my neck" Lol.

southernjess3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:49 AM

i fell off a motorcycle. that was parked and turned off. i just slid right off the back of it...

TrishKing
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Quoting lostandfound34:

being caught in the background on the local news dancing  singing to my self "I have a lovely bunch of coconuts"

Haha...that was funny & pictured evidence to boot! LOL At least you have a sense of humour about it! Cheers, trish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)