Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tutus and bows

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:04 AM
  • 8 Replies

i was thinking about trying to learn how to make these and sell them for extra money. How hard is it to learn and would anyone be willing to help me learn? any advise would be helpful ladies! Thank you

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mom2dane07
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:10 PM

please???

lilblu399
by Tamika on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:12 PM

I found a video on YouTube on how to make a Tutu. I did not do them for business reasons, I made a a few for nieces for their birthday.

msisneroz
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:14 PM

i started making them but havent sold any.mainly just for nieces..lol. but i use a website that has directions for everything. its very helpful.   http://www.girlythingsbows.com/big smile mini

18hearts
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I just made my first one last night. I followed these instructions (http://www.gophotography.com/tutu/). It was very easy! In fact I was surprised at how easy. Plus it only cost me $5.28

roseberrymatrix
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM

There are so many tutu makers you wouldn't break even unless you have a dance school in your pocket like sadie does. With bows just be more imaginative than others and you'll do fine.

mom2dane07
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Quoting roseberrymatrix:

There are so many tutu makers you wouldn't break even unless you have a dance school in your pocket like sadie does. With bows just be more imaginative than others and you'll do fine.

there arent any tutu makes around here. The only place that I know of is walmart that has them. We have a large flea market in tupelo every month and I've never seen anyone with them.  also i am thinking about telling my friends on FB. i may make a few and see how they do

jltplk25
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM

IDK but was thinking of learning to make bows as a hobby after my DD is born. Good luck!

mom2dane07
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Quoting jltplk25:

IDK but was thinking of learning to make bows as a hobby after my DD is born. Good luck!

thank you. I am thinking of doing tutus more than bows but I may try both. idk yet though..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)