Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any mommies out there that have 6 yr olds driving them up the wall!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:12 AM
  • 21 Replies

frustratedEver watch the Family Guy episode where Stewie is attached to Lois that famous "mommy, mommy, momma, momma...etc... well that is EXCACTLY how I feel . My six yr old boy is driving me up the wall.  He is home for the summer because I couldn't afford any day/summer camps this year and also I'm about to give birth within a week or so.  Every day and Every night all I hear is mommy here mommy there mommy come here mommy this mommy that....OMG!!!!!  Mommy mommy everywhere...and it doesn't help that now when he is watching tv he starts yelling and screaming at the characters...n then at every sec he comes to me and tells me what he saw and he adds more input to it.  OMG!!!! this morning he wakes up and I'm still in bed here it goes....mommy I want chocaolate milk, then after like a min once I've hit my bed again....mommy can u turn on the tv....OMG and then he is wide awake and all I here is the mommy song...mommy mommy mommy come here, mommy mommy mommy.....AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what I am writing here sounds wrong, I'm just frustrated and needing to vent.  I LOVE MY SON, trust me I do but I just wonder if there are other moms out there who goes through this too, Maybe it's the pregger hormones and I'm just coop up in this house because oh God my nesting phase has begun and that to is driving me up the wall because everything I want to do can't be finish....

I just want to go to the highest rooftop and scream my lungs out.....If u are wondering about DH, he is in the picture...the problem is that he works 3 days a week and comes home after 3pm and the other 2 days that he has off plus Saturdays he has school....and with my luck all of this "excitement" happens when DH is not around how funny is that....oh boy oh boy....

I just needed to vent crying

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ronandamy1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I have a 6 year old DD that has recently decided that she is the boss of herself. When I tell her to do something, the answer is no or uh uh. This kid spends the majority of her time in time out....she is making me crazy. And btw I am not pregnant so preggo hormones have nothing to do with it lol.

crazymama2kids
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:21 AM
my dd will be 6 in about a week and she drives me crazy too. I love her but she sure is a drama queen! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:25 PM

no sixyo buit my 4 yo does that. some days I'm ready to throw her out of the house

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:41 PM

This may be of some comfort or make it worse.  lol  my youngest is 7 my older 2 are 11 and 13. and they all went thru the mommy mommy mommy stage but now they want nothing to do with me.   Now when i try to get their attention to hang out with em or something  i get Oh mom please i wanna do this or that.  I'm lucky to get a good morning out of them lol

leslieOli
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM

does a three yr old count? mine wont stop, she has literally attached her self to my hip, cant even go tot the bathroom without her RIGHT THERE. NOt to mention the crying, yelling, barking orders, and temper tantrums. Ahhhh, the joys of parent hood. Its exhausting, by the end of the day i feel like i just put in 80 hours

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM

www.edhelper.com $19.95 for a whole years access and you can print projects from K-Level to 8th grade!!! My 6 year old LOVES them.

When he started getting up my butt I print him a project to do

Abigailia
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Wait...did I write this? Lol my 6 year old is the same way its our running joke that he IS stewie with his darn "Mommy, mommy momma mom mom momma mommy" I told him "You don't have to start EVERY sentence with Mommy....you can just go right into it and I will listen" lol. It doesn't help we are trapped in Pacific, Missouri for the month, so no friends his own age to go play with!

lovemylittle1
by Hollywood ♥ Dream on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:09 PM

This! lol. I have a 3 year old who also does all this.

Plus today I was trying to take a shower while she was eating breakfast [our kitchen adn bathroom are attached] and all I hear is MOMMY ARE YOU DONE? MAMA WHERE ARE YOU? MOOOOOOOOOOOOMMY!

Oh my gosh. I had to get out of the shower just so she would Stop!!

Quoting leslieOli:

does a three yr old count? mine wont stop, she has literally attached her self to my hip, cant even go tot the bathroom without her RIGHT THERE. NOt to mention the crying, yelling, barking orders, and temper tantrums. Ahhhh, the joys of parent hood. Its exhausting, by the end of the day i feel like i just put in 80 hours

I am a 22 year old single Christian Mommy and full time student. I Enjoy makign and selling my TUTUS, Onsies and Cheerleading Uniforms. I LOVE photography and hope to get better at it soon. I was a former miss teen oregon contestant.  I am looking forward to getting my CHEERBABY business going. Any questions, just ASK. I Love my daughter with every inch of my heart and would not trade her for anything.  I am a rape survivor and if anything, I think it makes me stronger as a mother. I am a huge fan of romantice comedies. I like to ramble, as you cal tell.  I hope to own my own gym before my daughter graduates from elementary school!

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Wow....IDK what to tell you. My DD is not on vacation yet. I dread the day she will be. Her and her sister will fight incessantly. =( I know how it can get. Sometimes she asks permission to go to the bathroom. SERIOUSLY? UGH...LOL Or she'll ask for permission to eat. She KNOWS she can go and get whatever she wants. (provided that she's eaten what I gave her.) If she just wants a snack, then it's ok. She can get whatever.

Ladyinthewater
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:26 PM

lmao mine is 8 and is driving me crazy..... it used to be ok week end crazy i cna handle but now..... omg im ready to rip my hair out duct tape him to a wall and go insane!!!! I know he needed the break from school he hates school BUT i hate summer break...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)