• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG This is BULL***T

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:44 AM
  • 14 Replies

so we got out 2008 saturn vue fixed in feb we got the rack and pinion replaced.. if anybody knows what that means it means expensive!!! well they said it would need to bleed out and the steering would be difficult for a while.  Well it got better ad then worse and then better and then worse. We were in the middle of moving so we put it on the back burner well not it has not gotten better 4mo. later and I call a mechanic here where I live now 8 hours away and he said sounds like a faulty rack and pinion....ugh.. so I call the mechanic where I used to live. I soo can't afford to drive 8 hours to get it looked at first off. We just moved into this apt so I soo can't afford to get it replaced if we have to pay upfront and get reimbursed and after paying the rent I soo don't have the money to get a diagnostic done right now.. omg... a new car with this freakin issue.... AAAH if its one thing its a- freakin- nother.

here is our car... well not ours but an exact replica....grrrr.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:47 AM

an 08 and youve already had issues.. yikes that sucks.  I hope you figure somthing out fast. We have an 07, and an 02 and no issues ever. *knock on wood*

crazymama1008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM

oh yeah and we pay 300 a months on f**KER

CafeMom Tickers

Emmy217
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Hmm that really sucks! I hope you guys can get it figured out. I can't believe a new vehicle is having such major problems like this. We drive a 2006 Saturn Vue and we have never had ANY problems with it.

crazymama1008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM

the thing is I LOVE that car. It is amazing! If only the steering would be fixed I would live in it..

Quoting Emmy217:

Hmm that really sucks! I hope you guys can get it figured out. I can't believe a new vehicle is having such major problems like this. We drive a 2006 Saturn Vue and we have never had ANY problems with it.

CafeMom Tickers

epoh
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM
I just got mine replaced a month ago in my Subaru outback for $400, labour included.

How much did you pay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clovismommy25
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Saturn's have always been crap, we have owned 4, and they all broke down with in 2yrs!

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Quoting clovismommy25:

Saturn's have always been crap, we have owned 4, and they all broke down with in 2yrs!

I have an 07 saturn Aura and never any issues i wuvvvv it!

My mom just got a new saturn outlook, now i want one of those!

countrygirlkat
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM

That stinks!  I hope that you can work something out.  Will the original mechanic agree to pay the other mechanic outright for the work if it is the same problem?

Emmy217
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Ours is 4 years old and has only been in the shop once or twice (minor things). My hubby used to drive a saturn car. He traded it in with 260,000 miles on it (he only traded it in because he was scared the motor was going to go). The newer car he got (a chevy) ended up dying and we STILL see his old saturn driving around. 

Quoting clovismommy25:

crazymama1008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:57 AM

he BETTER!!

Quoting countrygirlkat:

That stinks!  I hope that you can work something out.  Will the original mechanic agree to pay the other mechanic outright for the work if it is the same problem?

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)