• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do pedophiles get reduced charges and short sentences?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:16 PM
  • 27 Replies

It doesn't make any sense to me. Who hears these crimes and is sympathetic to the offender?

Are there a great many judges who are pedophiles out there... so they let them go?

Or do those in the judicial system just not care about children's welfare because they understand that there is only so much space in the prison and they'd rather follow the money (drug dealers) and the things that make them angry (thieves) instead of caring about children being molested, brutalized, and raped?

I honestly don't understand. Insight, anyone?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommasbabies77
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:17 PM
It is messed up. Idk
luv2wahm
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM

I don't understand it either...it seems like pedophiles are given more "rights" and second chances...

I do not feel a pedophile can be rehabilitated ever...

PeaceNLove2U
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Because the judicial system is soft and PC.

Suri2010
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:27 PM
I think its because the pedophiles get their ass beat and raped in prison so they feel bad and make then go to therapy. I personallu feel they should all be shot in the head along with the rest of the ignorant ppl out there who think its ok to rape men and women and rob old ppl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rickys_mom19
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:31 PM

i agree. the man who molested my sister and i was only given 15 months in jail, not prison, just our county jail. and he plead guilty, they did "therapy" he had like a 30% chance to reoffend, and they still let him out on probation. they said if he ever violates his probation he will get 15 years in prison. i know he has violated it, but cant prove it. wheres the justice in that?

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Quoting Suri2010:

I think its because the pedophiles get their ass beat and raped in prison so they feel bad and make then go to therapy. I personallu feel they should all be shot in the head along with the rest of the ignorant ppl out there who think its ok to rape men and women and rob old ppl

No,not in most of them.Kilby has a "therapeutic" dorm and those guys go there away from GP.

We should be in awe at the gift of having children rather than obsessed by our rights as a mother!

BigMamaHeidi
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:36 PM

My ex-BIL who raped my handicapped niece (his step-daughter) over the course of 2 years originally faced 30 years to life, but they let him take a plea deal that gave him 15 years. He will be out in December 2022 when he is 45 years old---plenty young enough to marry another woman with kids and do it again...and he probably will because he is not remorseful at all.

I think they should all get life in a penal colony.

Point of view without debate

Debate without objective

Points and planes and calculus

The universe---subjective

squeakers2
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:36 PM

B/c most of the time they plea down. It is cheaper for the state to have a sex offender of any kind just take a plea agreement. I was raped when I was 13 by a guy who was 18. My parents didn't want me to have to go through a trail, so we agreed to a plea agreement. They told use they were charging him w/ statutory rape when in all actuality they charged him w/ attempted rape. He was only charged for 3 to 5 yrs, paroled at 3 1/2.

I worked w/ a girl who had her kids taken away b/c she was talking to a friend on web cam and her daughter needed her diaper changed. Not thinking about it, she didn't take her off the view of the camera. When she was apologizing the next day to the person, someone overheard and turned her into CPS. They took her kids and she was just sentenced a month ago to 5 to 25 yrs in prison, elligable for parole at 5 1/2 yrs for sexual abuse of a child, all b/c the laywer argued that putting diaper cream on her daughter was sexual.

momma4114
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Our children have no rights in my opinion. You can go to jail longer for drug charges in most cases than for child abuse or murdering a child it seems. Sickening.

momma4114
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:43 PM

That is a joke, right? That is sick. Now the kids are in state custody with GOD knows what if they are being treated ok(CPS seems to overlook a lot) instead of with mommy. That is ridiculous"sexual abuse for using diaper cream", that shows how effed up attorneys and the system is.

Quoting squeakers2:

B/c most of the time they plea down. It is cheaper for the state to have a sex offender of any kind just take a plea agreement. I was raped when I was 13 by a guy who was 18. My parents didn't want me to have to go through a trail, so we agreed to a plea agreement. They told use they were charging him w/ statutory rape when in all actuality they charged him w/ attempted rape. He was only charged for 3 to 5 yrs, paroled at 3 1/2.

I worked w/ a girl who had her kids taken away b/c she was talking to a friend on web cam and her daughter needed her diaper changed. Not thinking about it, she didn't take her off the view of the camera. When she was apologizing the next day to the person, someone overheard and turned her into CPS. They took her kids and she was just sentenced a month ago to 5 to 25 yrs in prison, elligable for parole at 5 1/2 yrs for sexual abuse of a child, all b/c the laywer argued that putting diaper cream on her daughter was sexual.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)