Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant believe I screwed them up!! EDIT pictures added

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM
  • 35 Replies

So this week i was at my moms and I took a whole lot of pictures.  While taking them and looking at them on my camera they looked AWESOME.  I looked at them on my moms computer, some of them looked a lttle off but I couldn't tell why.
Well I got home where I have a literally giant moniter(47 inches, dont ask it was DHs idea) and I noticed they were pixelated like a CM upload.  So I looked in the properties to figure out what the problem was.
Well I figured it out.  I had the camera in what is apparently "pattern" mode, I thought it was program first of all and with all the stress with my dad in the hospital I just wasn't thinking enough to check if my camera was on the right setting, that and my fstop was set to change whenever the stupid camera focused. So it would change if the camera focused on the first thing and then stay there even after I had gotten my subject in the picture. 
The first few pictures came out great, the ones of the baseball games and my little sisters pictures are awful!  NO ONE ELSE but me can see the problem, and when they print they dont look bad, but there is never any way we can blow them up like my sister wants to do.
But, luckily they have more games here next month for All Stars and I am going to talk to my sister about going there earlier and getting pictures again this time in the correct mode LOL.
I am also going to redo my little sisters pictures too because I am NOT happy with the ones I took.

OMG I just cant believe I did that.  I am smacking myself in the forhead because of it.  The thing thats worse? NO ONE ELSE sees what I am talking about and think the pictures are AWESOME. 
ugg

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SteeleMagnolias
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Why don't you post some on here and let us see them???

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:44 PM

My family never notices things I say are wrong in pics, either, so don't feel too bad, lol. My sister also always, always, ALWAYS, catches someone's foot or hand in the photo and it's always so close to the camera that it's distracting from what she's aiming for (I think it's HER hand or foot, lol). She doesn't think that's a problem, though, either. I copy and edit the pics she takes if I want to save one, so there's no giant disembodied hand or foot in the way of a pic of my niece or nephew, lol.

mistie900
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:46 PM

You seem like you are really into your pictures so you probably notice things other people wouldn't. I would probably think they looked really good, lol, but I'm not a pro when it comes to picture taking/developing.

oporb
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:03 PM
You can sometimes correct pixelated pictures - either print them small or by blurring slightly,they'll just look artsy! you might try playing and printing a couple to see what you can do - why would anyone WANT pattern mode - its silly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I would  read your post/and comment. But your font makes my eyes cross.

Sorry, I can't help complaining. Not trying to be rude. But I have that issue a lot on this site. yes, it's my problem. :\

JSVDP
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:52 PM

not trying to be rude.........but if you cant/wont read the post then dont comment.  Not much point in doing so otherwise KWIM?

Quoting night.magic:

I would  read your post/and comment. But your font makes my eyes cross.

Sorry, I can't help complaining. Not trying to be rude. But I have that issue a lot on this site. yes, it's my problem. :\

adri_nevarez
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:53 PM

this!

Quoting SteeleMagnolias:

Why don't you post some on here and let us see them???

JSVDP
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:56 PM

See the problem with that is some of them I cannot fix them. I tried, and most of the stuff I do with my pictures when I try with the ones I have they end up looking funny and just dont turn out right.
The ones of my little sister came out very over exposed, but on my moms screen and my camera they didnt look really bad. 
I will post a couple of them and I guess you might see.
And I thought P in all cameras was program mode, apparently not with the one that I have.  I dont know its odd LOL. I didnt really notice it was on it anyway, I thought it was on Manual and Auto, I never noticed that it had gotten changed when I put it back in the bag and then took it out again.  The stupid dial turns very easily.
And I did print out a couple, but since I can see the problem now, even printed I can see it and my sis printed a few small ones and she said it was kinda pixelated, but she wants to blow some of them up they pixelate more when enlarged...

Quoting oporb:

You can sometimes correct pixelated pictures - either print them small or by blurring slightly,they'll just look artsy! you might try playing and printing a couple to see what you can do - why would anyone WANT pattern mode - its silly!

JSVDP
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM

OK I added a few pictures. Most of the baseball ones were not great, they were ok but not like I want them. And most of my sisters pics where nto great either.
I am redoing my sisters today, and then my nephews baseball ones when he has his all star games.

JSVDP
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I added the pictures like people suggested and no one has anything to say?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)