Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any mammas grow sunflowers?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM
  • 6 Replies
One of mine just bloomed 2 days ago and my DH is dieing to get the sunflower seeds so when is the best time to take them from the flower? and where the heck are they on there? lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rmfanfgljf
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:21 PM

I grew a sunflower last year.......it got huge but it died too soon so the seeds weren't good, the seeds will be in the middle of the flower but it takes a few days to be able to tell where they are.

M0M0F03
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM

lol...they are on the center of the flower, the black part. I think you have to dry them. My 5 year old planted some this year, but we won't eat them.

LogansMommy0328
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM
Thank ladies lol ill have to wait a few days more to get to them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awooding
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:27 PM

My daughter just planted some too. From seed, so I hope they do well. That would be really neat to get our own seeds!

LogansMommy0328
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:57 PM
Yeah I planted them from seeds months ago like 3 or 4 months ago and there just blooming now well just 1 so far but the others aren't to far behind I grew mine in pots first then transplanted them that was a pain in the rear lol but I hope you guys have fun with it I love gardening

Quoting awooding:

My daughter just planted some too. From seed, so I hope they do well. That would be really neat to get our own seeds!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awooding
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM

My MIL sent some little starter kits for my daughter and she wanted to plant them NOW, so we did. They weren't in the gardening plan for this year, so I guess we'll see. Sort of experimental.

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

Yeah I planted them from seeds months ago like 3 or 4 months ago and there just blooming now well just 1 so far but the others aren't to far behind I grew mine in pots first then transplanted them that was a pain in the rear lol but I hope you guys have fun with it I love gardening

Quoting awooding:

I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)