Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You Have Just Under 150 Days, Go Do Something About It!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

To save up money for Christmas presents. I see so many moms on here complaining and whining when Christmas comes around that they have no money for presents, that their poor kids can't have Christmas, so on and so forth. Well, you have about 6 months left. Save a few dollars each week, sell some stuff on eBay, start scoping out the second hand stores or garage sales, or better yet have one of your own. Pick up a little something every time you are at the Dollar Store or just start throwing your spare change in a jar. Christmas is December 25th EVERY YEAR, it's not a holiday that sneaks up on you. I'm not trying to be a bitch, I am just trying to alert those that make the "Oh Woe As Me" posts every single year that they have a chance to make a difference now so that they are not all depressed or crying once the holidays roll around.

Were you married in 2001? If so, come join us at 2001 Anniversaries.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/17057/

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
luv2wahm
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I have already started a Christmas fund..Toys r Us has a gift card that they will add on 3% of what you've put on the card(they will add the 3% mid October) After Oct 31st you can use the card for purchases..that's where I buy most of my kids' stuff for Christmas so it will work out well for us..

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Quoting luv2wahm:

I have already started a Christmas fund..Toys r Us has a gift card that they will add on 3% of what you've put on the card(they will add the 3% mid October) After Oct 31st you can use the card for purchases..that's where I buy most of my kids' stuff for Christmas so it will work out well for us..

I see so many people not plan ahead for Christmas and then when the board is jammed up with people complaining they have no $$$ at Christmas I just get confused. It's the same day every year, if you have kids you know it's coming long before it gets here. I have always had a Christmas club so I never budget for it, but others who aren't lucky enough to have one should start putting a little aside every week or month so they aren't shocked when it's the week of and they are broke with no presents.

Were you married in 2001? If so, come join us at 2001 Anniversaries.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/17057/

momtolucas2002
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I have picked up stuff along the way I do that every year.  I only have three more things to buy my son I keep it all in a locked closet in my bedroom.  I will probably avoid Cafe mom the month leading up to Christmas to avoid the annoying Christmas drama posts.lol

.MommyEast.
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:30 PM

We put aside $5 a week, it really adds up & helps a ton come that time of year!!!

epoh
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:32 PM
Thank you for the reminder! I needed that :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeskaM
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:24 PM

i completely agree with you :)

isra1986
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Well, it does come off very bitchy!
Some people have to use every dollar, things come up! Saving a few dollars every week isn't doable for everyone!

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:30 PM
With the state of the economy right now, Christmas is the least concern. If you've never been in that situation how do you know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)