• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need someone to talk to......

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am feeling like I am depressed lately. Nothing seems to make me happy anymore, I love my family with all my heart, but I just cant seem to have fun with them anymore. I try to get through the day the best I can and seem to look forward to bedtime but yet I can't sleep or have problems going to sleep. Then when I wake up, I dont want to get up or I sleep until almost noon. I dont like doing this, I feel like I'm missing out on my daughters' lives, and that this may be hurting them. I feel sorry for my hubby, he does almost everything around the house, helps me out a lot, yes I do alot too when I'm up even though I dont feel like it a lot of times. I get really down when we have little or no money, can't take the girls anywhere since we dont have air in our car, and I just feel left out of a lot of stuff. I feel like my "friends" dont care about me, they never invite me anywhere even before I started getting like this. I dont know what to do. I dont have insurance or the money to go see a doctor. What can I do?? I need advice, not bashing!! Thank you!!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TruePuppyLove
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:33 PM

BUMP!

mistie900
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Sorry I don't know what to tell you other than see a doctor, but you said you don't have insurance. But I do hope things get better for you soon.

CharityTipton
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Here is what I did. I have problems with anxiety and depression. I went to see a counselor at a crisis intervention center and they told me that I needed to be on something for both these issues. I told them that I didn't have ins and they filed everything for me to get state ins under the fact that I needed "mental health" help. Even if all that is going on is normal everyday issues bothering you. Your mental health is the most important. It helped me.

TruePuppyLove
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Well, you can certainly PM me anytime. I can relate to many of the things you said. I have had some really hard times over the last few years, and although I am feeling & doing better right now....a lot of what you describe feeling in this post, I could have written myself several years ago. I am not an expert or a doctor, but I do think you show some classic signs of depression. I know you said going to the doctor is out, but I would really suggest finding a way to see a doctor and maybe try taking an anti-depressant. There are a lot of places that will work with you and charge minimums and payment plans, and doctors will provide you several months of   medication for free from their drug sample closets if you cannot afford the rx. Again, this is assuming that the doctor agrees that you would benefit from some type of anti-depressant while also working on some type of emotional therapy, which does not always have to be with someone. Sometimes it can be a journal, or just making a plan to get out and walk for 20 minutes a day, or listen to music....there are plenty of little things that can really help. Trust me, I know about not wanting to even get out of bed, and feeling too "tired" to even try to help yourself, but if you just make yourself get up and give it a try, you might be surprised at how much better you feel in conjunction with the medication.

*When my dad suddenly and horrifically died right by my side just several months before my wedding to my now husband....I was a basket case, near suicidal, lost, hopeless...etc...  But, my husband and family stuck with me. I got some help, and this year we had a beautiful baby girl, and I feel that my father has sent me a sign through her that he is still watching and being a part of my life.

Things really can get better...maybe not perfect, but better. and sometimes just following the motto "act as if" can help. If you are not familiar with that saying, it basically means that if you feel lousy or don't feel like doing anything....plaster on the fake smile and feelings and get out and do whatever it is. Often you will find that at some point it is no longer an act and you actually do have a decent time that day. If your friends aren't calling you, maybe force yourself to make the call and plan something with one or several of them.

I by no means want my answer here to sound simple or easy. I know that is not the case. Just trying to offer some quick advice to what sounds like a long and complicated problem. But again, please feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk. I am good at listening and keeping my mouth shut to others, and I don't judge.

All my best to you. I bumped your post first because i knew this would take a while to write and I didn't want you to feel like no one was listening or answering you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)