Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im just wondering on yalls view on this

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:37 PM
  • 37 Replies

Poll

Question: would you or have you smoked pot while pregnant?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 76

View Results

ok so a friend of mine smoked weed her entire pregnancy for nausea and her kid came out perfect shes actually alot smarter than most kids i know. and im just wondering on yalls views with the situation. i mean its supposed to help alot and ive done it i wont lie but never when i was pregnat. so yea pretty much what im asking is what do yall think about smoking weed when pregnant

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelliehelvie
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I smoked in college, like over 6 years ago. Smoking while pregnant isn't for me.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I think it should be used like any other medication in pregnancy. VERY CAFEFULLY. It has been studied in pregnancy but NOT alot so its not something I would choose to use(during pregnancy)

andreaandkenna
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:39 PM

they have actually studied it?

Quoting SuperPickle:

I think it should be used like any other medication in pregnancy. VERY CAFEFULLY. It has been studied in pregnancy but NOT alot so its not something I would choose to use(during pregnancy)

snugglesaurus
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I am all for the legalization of weed, but I think it's as irresponsible to smoke weed during pregnancy as it is to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes. It is her body and ultimately her choice, but not something I would ever do.

ronandamy1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:41 PM

include a poll and you may get more truth....moms aren't going to admit to it and risk getting bashed. I know people that have smoked pot while pregnant and their kids seem really smart too....hmmm who knows

Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I would not do it. Have i tryed it in my past yes but it did nothing for me so no i wouldnt and even if it did i wouldnt do it

qustnmrk28
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Knowing the risks with regards to smoking any drug, why even try it once!!!!!

singlemom416
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:43 PM

In moderation.I wouldnt do it.I had a friend that smoked alot when she was pregnant her kid is slow as hell.He wouldnt even cry as a baby when he was hungry or needed a new diaper.Now that he is older he is way behind where he needs to be,has speech problems,withdrawn and has a hard time reading social clues or making a connection with any one,even his mom.Hes been tested for every thing and the doctors found nothing,except a learning disability.I think its due to all the weed she smoked.She smoked a lot

.thickie.thick.
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:43 PM
If it helps-more power to 'em. My sister did this as well & my niece is VERY smart;makes me sick lol. I haven't read enough about smoking while pregnant to give an actual opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Pretty much like any other drug, prescription or otherwise, has been studied in pregnancy. Not many people are going to step up and volunteer to be tested. BUT there are people who choose to/ HAVE to use drugs(prescription or otherwise) anyway, they try to take these into account and see the effects.

Quoting andreaandkenna:

they have actually studied it?

Quoting SuperPickle:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)