• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'M GOING TO SCREAM!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM
  • 25 Replies
Okay maybe I'm not but if you can help me great, awesome, thank you!
My son will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. He was born 10 days late so he is bigger than your average 2 week old. He was born 8lbs 12oz and as of Monday, weighs 9lbs. He was eating 2 oz of formula every 3-4 hours. Now he is eating 3 oz every 3 hours. Hubby wanted to take care of him last night. He didn't feed Ben the entire 3 oz of formula because he fell asleep. Well...you've got to feed him the whole 3 oz or else he will wake up an hour later wanting more...his feeding schedule is now messed up. Little Ben now wants 3 oz of formula every 2 hours. Is it too much? If he were born on time and a little smaller, I would think so but he was late and larger than the average newborn so I don't know what I think.
Also, he is genuinely hungry when he cries. He's not wet or dirty, gassy, cold or hot or bored. I hold him and even give him a binky but he spits it out. He wants to eat.
I don't want him to CIO for an hour because he's hungry...but I don't want to overfeed him either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamiJ18
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM
And I'm on my phone so google searching this stuff isn't exactly a piece of cake. If anyone has any info t give me about overfeeding newborns please share.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiJ18
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:48 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiJ18
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:13 PM
bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistx71
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:16 PM
I fed both of mine whenever they were hungey and til they were good and full.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vinsmomma
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I would think if the baby as hungry then feed him.. I breastfeed so I am not sure.. I know my sister formula fed and they fed him when ever he was hungry..

mistie900
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I would feed him when he is hungry... My daughter was 8 lbs 15 oz when she was born and she ate a lot. If you want to stick to a 3 hour schedule feed him more than 3 oz every 3 hours. I wouldn't let him CIO that young if it was me. And at that age I don't think you would be overfeeding him. He will stop eating when he is not hungry anymore.

mommy_rios
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:21 PM
I bf'd so I'm not sure I feedthem whenever they were hungry. U should ask ur peditrican and of course use your mommy intution
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiJ18
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I guess big babies just eat more? lol. I don't want him to CIO, it breaks my heart. I'm a softie lol.

Quoting mistie900:

I would feed him when he is hungry... My daughter was 8 lbs 15 oz when she was born and she ate a lot. If you want to stick to a 3 hour schedule feed him more than 3 oz every 3 hours. I wouldn't let him CIO that young if it was me. And at that age I don't think you would be overfeeding him. He will stop eating when he is not hungry anymore.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
omgamomie
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM

idk those few weeks I bf and she ate whenever she wanted for 30 mins to an hour at a time.

marissaj125
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM

it seems normal. i fed my dd every 2 hours until she was 3 months old. lol then it went to every 3 hours until 5 months, then she ate whenever she was hungry whcih was every 2-5 hours and wa snormal because of a growth spurt, then at 9 months, she ate every 4-5 hours. she is 11 months and still eats every 4 hours for formula.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)