Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM
  • 8 Replies

So yesterday I had a party at my house and by the time everyone left I was to tired to do the dishes.

I woke up today and as I started running my garbage disposal the motor fell right out of the bottom and a flood of old food and dirty water came rushing out of my cabinets.

I cleaned it up and figured I can just throw the old scraps away and just run the sink and dishwasher....NOPE....everything came running out of the cabninet.

So now I am stuck with tons of dirty dishes from yesterday, dirty dishes in the dishwasher already, and dishes that got wet from the damn exploding disposal.

My dad can not make it out here until tomorrow to fix it (he is a contractor who started his business by plumbing)

I have tons of dishes that are starting to stink and dont know what to do...

Any advice?

ETA: I forgot to mention the sink and dishwasher are all connected to where the disposal broke..so when I run any of that it floods the cabinets.

I also cant wash in the bathtub because if we take baths with lots of water it starts getting backed up into the laundry room in the basement

Basically our plumbing sucks

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
snugglesaurus
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Wash them in the bathtub

gaugesmomma1209
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:58 PM

When my sink was acting up, I did dishes in the bath tub :) (scrubbed the shit out of it before AND after) Just make sure there are not big chunks of food :)

jmommyj02
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:59 PM
Run dishwasher put way clean then reload. Dishwasher may still work
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Is the dishwasher broken? If not run it, then re load.

FooLynRoo
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:01 PM

sounds like bath tub washin time!!

FooLynRoo
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:02 PM

every sink and dishwasher I've had emptys into the drain pipe .. the one that, ummm she just said fell off..

dont you women read?

jaysonsmommy15
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM

haha many people just skim which is fine...but yes the dishwasher and sink all run to the same pipe which is broken...if it was not broken my dishes would be done

Quoting FooLynRoo:

every sink and dishwasher I've had emptys into the drain pipe .. the one that, ummm she just said fell off..

dont you women read?

chrystal458
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM
How bout u don't use a lot of water in the tub to wash them or use the bathroom sink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)