Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babies due in 10 days & i have nowhere to go...what do i do?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:03 PM
  • 29 Replies

I never really got along with my family and then a few months ago i found out i was pregnant by my boyfriend (who they hated and still do) and we ran away and then i turned 18 and haven't went back. The last time i talked to my mom (which was on the phone when i ran away with him) i told her i hate her and she told me im gonna fuck my life up and they arent going to be there 4 me when i do. my entire family has nothing 2 do with me anymore and i was fine with that and now im in california, the babies suppose to be born in 10 days and its not going to work with me and jared. we broke up 2 days ago, he wants to talk once hes off work but im along ways away from north dakota, no family here, no friends here...my mom wont answer the phone and i dont want 2 have a baby with only me there...What do i do? do i just do whatever he wants for a while so i have someone at the hospital and have a place to go after the babies born?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PhotoMama88
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Oh wow hunnie. If you dont wanna go back with your boyfriend, then go to a welfare office & they can help you with housing & some medicaid. Dont stay out in the street!! 

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM

oh honey, I am sooo sorry, I know what it's like to be stuck. What do you mean 'do whatever he wants'? what does he want?  I would call your parents and let them know what's going on at least

mnmsmom2008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM

You could contact the hospital and see if they can put you in touch with a doula or a training doula, you could possibly find one that will go to the hospital with you and help you through labor for free.  Do you think your mom really meant that, about not being there for you.  People say things they don't mean, especially when they can see the mistakes you're making plain as day.  I couldn't imagine not being there for my kids, no matter what.

inm
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Find a woman's shelter.  You're not the first woman to be in this situation, scary as it is.  But you have to find yourself some help.  If you're having trouble, call the police and explain your situation, they will show you where you need to be.  And do try to reconnect with your family.  Write a letter if you have to.

roseberrymatrix
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Go to the local Welfare office, they'll make sure you have a safe clean place to stay and that you and the baby get medical care. If you don't like that try local churches, they usually have programs or people willing to let you into their homes an help you get where you need to be. But I'd be careful doing that. Some people are crazy.

.Kaitlyn.
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM

He has control issues. i dont want to go into alot of details but its either i do what he wants or he turns into a controlling bitch.

Quoting Jennifer63080:

oh honey, I am sooo sorry, I know what it's like to be stuck. What do you mean 'do whatever he wants'? what does he want?  I would call your parents and let them know what's going on at least

TOMBOI
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM
So trying to apoligize to mom an tellin her she right an u were wrong won't work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I'm not going to say that what I would do is right,  but I would not leave or make any major decisions until after the baby is born. Just try to rest and take it easy and once baby is born sit down with the father of the baby and decide what you each want. I would imagine that once your parent realize that they are grandparents, they will be more receptive and more willing to help.

missingbelle
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM

you call your mom and leave her a message apologising for what you said. then you tell her in the same message she is going to be a grandmother and you NEED your mom ! You swallow the pride pill , if you have to yes...do whatever he wants within means and wait until you hear from your family. OR find a local shelter for women and children and maybe they can help you find a job etc....to support you and the little one.

Mom2Christiana
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Quoting PhotoMama88:

Oh wow hunnie. If you dont wanna go back with your boyfriend, then go to a welfare office & they can help you with housing & some medicaid. Dont stay out in the street!! 

Obladi oblada life goes on bra- Lala how the life goes on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)