• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you consider camping???

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM
  • 21 Replies

Do you consider camping going down the road from your house to a local camp ground...or close enough to your home where if you forget the spatula you can just run home and get it??

Do you consider it camping when you go to place like a KOA?

Do you consider camping going off in the middle of the woods far enough away from home and you pee and poo in the woods and wipe you booty with leaves(lol toilet paper of course)?

just wondering........

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mistie900
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I guess I consider all of those camping.

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I consider camping being in a wooded area, sleeping in a tent, and cooking on a fire. 

living in your RV for the weekend is NOT freaking camping lol.

TheresaC7
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM

What is this camping you speak of? haha  My son recently went camping for Boy Scouts. When they came back, I saw a boy carrying a rolled up mat. I asked my SO if they were supposed to bring yoga mats? He just looked down and said....you have really never been camping?!? I have told him I haven't been, but I guess he didn't know the extent. He then said...it's a mat for their sleeping bags to go on. OH! Well, how was I supposed to know?

CafeMom Tickers
Lilcountrygrl86
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Quoting mistie900:

I guess I consider all of those camping.

judybant
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:13 PM

all of the above... would prefer one of the first two... or better yet, a hotel without turn down service... If they don't have any sort of pool, then it's REALLY roughing it!

jlm2676
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM

When we go camping we go about 3 hours away and go into the middle of some woods and camp.  The only running water is a stream nearby.  We have just about everything you would need to go camping like this including a propane camping stove, camping toilet paper for when we do go into the woods to go, and a tent.

Camping is not going to the local KOA and paying to camp with a bunch of other people and sharing a bathroom.  It also does not include an RV that includes electricity!

missingbelle
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Anything like that is camping to me even sleeping in a car ,lol. if your in a house or a hotel its not camping but if you are roughing it in the wilderness sleeping in or on something other than your typical then to me thats camping....

tinkerbellbay
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

we have a camper and only go to state parks this is camping for us!!! getting lost in the woods not a pool

Rhyne
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM
I consider camping the family going to a wooded area, camp fire, hot dogs, smores, and peeing behind a bush...while I'm at the Four Seasons for a spa day...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zanny
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Camping for me is staying in a Motel without Cable TV, or a Pool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)