Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Borrowers.. would you?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM
  • 30 Replies

Not sure who saw that show on Discovery Health. Its called Baby Borrowers and basically these couples 'lend' their babies to teen couples. They set them up with a townhouse that they have to make baby ready, they have to shop for the baby etc. Then for three days while monitored by cameras the parents watch and a on hand nanny for emergencies they take care of the babies 24/7.

The parents can intervien at any time and they do too.. one lady got on the case for one of the teen girls for not feeding her son and telling him to starve if he wouldn't eat. Another mom busted in on them when they tried to put the baby to bed with no daiper change, no bath, no change of clothes even and then the boyfriend said to just put the baby in the other room and let it cry. Not to mention he continues to call the little girl 'it'.

Would you hand over your child for a show like that??

I love the idea but no way I could watch someone mistreat, even if it wasn't abusive, my child. I am such a paranoid person when it comes to who watches my kids.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I would NOT.

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:19 PM

what happened to that show? i only saw the one season. I think it's a good show for teenagers to watch, but no way in hell would they keep my child.  I have a couple of relatives who aren't the best  parents and  have little hellions, they should be on there! lol

acaisha
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I honestly think I would have punched the one brat teen in the mouth LOL shes now refusing to even hold the baby and making the boyfriend do everything. One gets to go to work and the other stay home and shes making him stay home. She said its because she doesn't want to deal with the mom but I think shes just realized she is incapable of taking care of the baby.

acaisha
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Quoting Jennifer63080:

what happened to that show? i only saw the one season. I think it's a good show for teenagers to watch, but no way in hell would they keep my child.  I have a couple of relatives who aren't the best  parents and  have little hellions, they should be on there! lol

I'm not sure its the first time I have seen it. It was the first episode so either its a new run or its reruns I guess. It was on discovery health.

tippymorgan08
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM

That show originally came on NBC a couple of years ago and I believe that Discovery Health is just playing repeats. I hate that they only did one season, it was actually really good.

And yes, I would lend a teen couple our kids. The parents were by a camera at all times and could intervene if necessary. If it would stop them from thinking that they know it all then yes, I would. There was 1 couple out of all of those couples who would have made great parents. The others failed miserably. They saw that it won't always go their way when kids are concerned.

i.love.kaia
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM
It's a good idea, but my baby wouldn't be their guinea pig. They would have to file a law suit for me slapping one of them silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Quoting tippymorgan08:

That show originally came on NBC a couple of years ago and I believe that Discovery Health is just playing repeats. I hate that they only did one season, it was actually really good.

And yes, I would lend a teen couple our kids. The parents were by a camera at all times and could intervene if necessary. If it would stop them from thinking that they know it all then yes, I would. There was 1 couple out of all of those couples who would have made great parents. The others failed miserably. They saw that it won't always go their way when kids are concerned.

I think it is a really great idea I just could never see myself sitting there watching people fail at taking care of my child. I would be clawing my way through the door and they would have to pry my hands off the throat of that boy calling my child an it and telling his gf to just 'let it cry' LOL I couldn't do it I would have to be restrained.

Julielle
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I don't know why they give them babies to begin with! The best way to prevent teen pregnancy is not to give them a newborn/toddler. They need to be handing out 4-8yr olds! LOL! I know my 7yr would be the best birth control for any teenager! LOL!

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Hell NO!

18hearts
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Nope. I would not let anyone "borrow" my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)