• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastmilk donations? how do i go about this?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM
  • 2 Replies

I am really interested in maybe selling some of my pumped breastmilk to a mother in need but dont know how to go about the logistics of it all.  how much to charge, how to find someone who wants it and then the transport of goods and all of that.  i just read on a milk donation web site that was charging 2.50 an oz!  which sounds a little extreme to me.  any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.  or if you would like to contact me via a pm and inquire about the milk for you or someone you know please do!  thanks ladies :)

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
HereWeGoAgain9
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:21 PM
Google a breast milk bank. They screen the milk first...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda0320
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM

im not looking to go down the breast milk bank route.  I am looking to donate to an individual or family and charging them way less then what they would buy from a bank for.  and they would get 100% pure breastmilk that hasnt been pasturized. 

Quoting HereWeGoAgain9:

Google a breast milk bank. They screen the milk first...

in lovemarried 11/09/07 teen girlDSD 7/31/97 baby boyDS 2/27/09

expecting girldue 5/21/10

Im a vaxing, non-circing, breastfeeding, baby-wearing, NIP no matter how uncomfortable it makes you because my son deserves the best nutrition whether we're in public or not, extended rear-facing supporter, non CIO, co-sleeping/bedding, anti-antiobiotcs for every little sniffle, house is totally lived in dirty but clean enough as to be civilized, pro-choice, thinks religion is a completely silly concept, do whatever you think is best for you and yours as I will mine,  mama who loves my family more than words can express and is always up for healthy debating and meeting new friends.  You the same?  Hit me up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)