Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby sprinkle?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

my sil is having a baby sprinkle in august. my mil descirbed it as a party for the mother to be who has already had a child or children and doesnt really need much, and its more focused on having fun and games than the gifts. anyone ever heard of this?

sexy......even in a dress

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:46 PM

No, I've never heard it called a "sprinkle" before, just a "shower," like any other.

KellyMarie105
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Sounds cool to me. Never heard of it but I like the idea of it.

poshkat
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM

i thought it was pretty cool too, i wont be attending thou, i will be out of the country

Quoting KellyMarie105:

Sounds cool to me. Never heard of it but I like the idea of it.

NESmith63
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Yup...i have never been to one but i hear about them all the time. I think its a great option to celebrate the new baby! I think a 2nd baby shower is not ok. I see a baby shower as a way to help a soon to be new mom get prepared for the baby. I know people feel differently then me but its how I feel! With a sprinkle there is no registry or anything and people will still bring gifts but its up to them if they do and what they bring.

leswen
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I haven't heard of it, but I like it!  I think I will have one for my next baby!

joheilismom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:33 PM

i've never heard of this before. A baby shower celebrates a baby. Doesnt matter what number that baby mkes.

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:33 PM

yes my sister wanted to throw me one but a lot of dd's things were hand me downs and i would like a new car seat and we need a double stroller new mattress and this one is a boy....i want the same as what we did for dd............................................but my biggest problem is that is only supposed to be a few people and i think EVERY baby should be celebrated i'd even pay for my own shower......i love family get togethers

poshkat
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:34 PM

i think they are great too. i will be going up on july 4th to see my fam and i will bring her a diaper cake.

Quoting NESmith63:

Yup...i have never been to one but i hear about them all the time. I think its a great option to celebrate the new baby! I think a 2nd baby shower is not ok. I see a baby shower as a way to help a soon to be new mom get prepared for the baby. I know people feel differently then me but its how I feel! With a sprinkle there is no registry or anything and people will still bring gifts but its up to them if they do and what they bring.

isra1986
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I have only ever heard of it on here! Most people I know just do another shower!

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)