Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOW!!! Talk about rude!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM
  • 28 Replies
My DD is 5mo and @ her last dr appt the pediatrician suggested that we try her on a sippie cup, so I did. Well after drinking out of it the 1st time she refused to take the bottle again. Well today we were in our local grocery store and this random woman asked me how old DD was so I told her 5mo old and she started talking to the younger woman that was with her. Making comments like, "I don't understand why women want babies and then force them to grow up to fast" so after a few minutes of this crap I asked her what the hell her problem was and how was I forcing her to grow up too fast? And she honestly said "by making her drink from a cup and not "letting" her have a bottle!" WTF?! All I could do was laugh and walk away before I lost it and cussed her out. I know I could've explained why she's on a cup now but it was none of her damn business! Some ppl are just rude as hell!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyStefany
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Some people are too nosey. 

ilovemykids79
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM

How old was she? Maybe she is old and is just used to how things were back in her day of having kids or she was just a hoe being a bitch and not minding her own business. I dont know but I agree people shouldn't judge if they dont know the situation.

Tori77
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:28 PM
For real! Why do people feel the need to give their opinion on the way you do something with YOUR child when it doesn't even effect them? I just don't get it! Ppl need to learn to only give their opinion when it's ASKED for!!

Quoting MommyStefany:

Some people are too nosey. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PatriciaofMN
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I always say, well, if you have a problem w/it, you may want to call her Pediatrician.  That shuts them up real quick. 

NavyWifey122305
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I had commens like that when my son ( now 3) started a sippy at 5 1/2 mo..... the same " why would you want him to grow up so fast" i simply said " I dont but i want him to have healthy teeth and not using a bottle at 2 or 3 years old"

she shut up

lovelyy504
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM

what a nosey bitch.

congrats on your son and the sippy cup! :) my son wasnt easy to switch

Tori77
She was an older woman but not like super old. She looked to be in her early 50s or so.

Quoting ilovemykids79:

How old was she? Maybe she is old and is just used to how things were back in her day of having kids or she was just a hoe being a bitch and not minding her own business. I dont know but I agree people shouldn't judge if they dont know the situation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NickiNavarro

My Mom gave me a hard time about weaning my daughter off her bottle at 11 months old, and nopw she's two and she doesn't let her use the potty at her house with out help, like she does at home. People are ignorent. When I child is forced to do something they are generally unhappy about it.

AirForceWife14
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:32 PM
In my experience, older people think that babies are ready for things way before they are. Like jar foods at three months, or FF at seven months

Quoting ilovemykids79:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AirForceWife14
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM
I thought it was her daughter?

Quoting lovelyy504:

what a nosey bitch.

congrats on your son and the sippy cup! :) my son wasnt easy to switch

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)