Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cry it out method (piog)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM
  • 169 Replies

I have an 8 month old who cries every time we lay him down in his bed. He pushes his bottle away and wont stop crying until we pick him up. I hate hearing him cry but i dont know how i can ever get him to sleep with him always crying when its bed time. I have not yet tried this method on him but I think I might have no other choice. I just can't handle the crying non stop and feel bad for him. He's 8 months old and wakes up multiple times a night and does this. I just need some advice on how old you started doing this? Or for the ones who don't do you have any tips to get him to sleep in his own bed? I really don't like hearing him cry but i can't even sit down for a few seconds with the way he's been lately.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kno4eva
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:29 PM

BUMP!

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM
No advice. I never did the CIO method so here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM

You mentioned that he pushes the bottle away...I know some people let their kids have pacifiers but only at night.  What about that?  Also, the other question I have is do you have some kind of routine or do you just put him in bed when its bedtime?  Some kids just fight sleep.  You're not doing anything wrong and neither is he.  Supernanny, Jo Frost, has some good techniques for getting kids to sleep.  You might Google Supernanny and see if her website gives tips. 

Lizzie1984
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I started letting my dd's CIO at 4 months old. My dr.'s have always told me that by 4 months old that the baby should be sleeping through the night, and they shouldnt take a bottle in the night any longer. It will take some time for your baby to stop crying but he will eventually fall asleep and get use to going to bed and sleeping all night. GL momma

SamiJ18
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM
Yikes. I don't remember how old my daughter was when we had to use CIO. You could sit next to his crib or read or sing to him. Leave a toy in there? Switch up the bedtime routine until you fnd something that works? Best of luck to you, I'm sorry I'm not much help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

No advice. I never did the CIO method so here's a bump

Ms.Upinyourface
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Teething.

Neglect is not a meathod.

paganbaby
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Good lord! My 3yo still nurses once at night. I can`t imagine a 4 month old not needing to eat all night long. Something doesn`t sound right there.

Quoting Lizzie1984:

I started letting my dd's CIO at 4 months old. My dr.'s have always told me that by 4 months old that the baby should be sleeping through the night, and they shouldnt take a bottle in the night any longer. It will take some time for your baby to stop crying but he will eventually fall asleep and get use to going to bed and sleeping all night. GL momma

paganbaby
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM

I seriously like that

Quoting Ms.Upinyourface:

Teething.

Lizzie1984
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM

um since when is CIO neglect? As long as the baby is fed, changed, and burped then there is nothing wrong with it, therefor it is NOT neglect! Get off your high horse lady! Some of you ladies amaze me!

Quoting Ms.Upinyourface:

Teething.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)