Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE IN PURPLE !!!!! 3 years of married life.......

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM
  • 20 Replies

He asked me to leave this morning and I'm a bit freaked out. He retires Aug. 6th of this year. In 4 days I was to move up to where his family is renting us a home. An he isn't the bio father of my 2 kids but he says he'll be able to keep the kids. Due to how his other divorce was I will not get any rights to his retirement nor will I get any kind of support. An he thinks he'll get the rights to my kids.

We have known each other 9 years been a couple 8 years and been married 3 years WTF do I do now??? I never saw this coming other then the fact we haven't had sexual relations in 3 weeks his choice not mine.

I suffer from CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome), Lupus, and deadly low blood sugar. I have been fighting to get SSI for the last 6 months but my Lupus is in "remission" only thing that effects me from working is the CFS and low blood sugar. Once the divorce goes threw I have no health insurance and no home.

I don't have any true family I was kicked out of my mothers house just after I turned 16 and my father can barely support him self he is homeless half of the time.

WTF do I do now????

Jenn

UPDATE:

We left the kids at home for an hour and took a walk and talked. I guess he is greatly stressed and is tired of me waking up sick all the time. Which I can't help and with sleeping on a air bed or floor makes the pain even worse. We are going to take 1 day at a time and while he is still on base for 3 weeks I have agreed to not call or bother him till day before I need to be picked up and brought back down to the base. He said there is no other women but he has been greatly temped lately and I told him the next 3 weeks will be a best if I happen to find out he does cheat that I will leave and he'll loose every thing he has.

I did speak to a lawyer and how his divorce was wrote from his ex-wife I will not get any of his retirement nor insurance. I maybe lucky to get spouse support but that depends on what kind of work he has if some thing does happen. 

So this is what has happen and I'll keep you all posted.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mb1hotmama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:32 PM
Damn girl, i don't really know what to say but I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy806209
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM

BUMP!

AMom29
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Wow.  I'm sorry. 

I don't know how he'd get your kids, though.  That part confuses me.  I think he might just be talking out of his ass though.

No whys, no nothing, just get out?  Sounds like someone else to me.

{{hugs}}

meeeesee
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Why does he want you to leave?

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I have no clue I told him I will not leave the house till we clear housing on the 1st. Then I don't know what I'll do. Our stuff was backed and sent via military movers this past Tuesday to our new home. I am not sure if I should go there and sell all of my stuff or just let it go. I have no family here in California very little friends. I have no clue where to start. When I divorced my ex husband I had time to think it out and plan now the tables are turned and I'm like WTF.

Quoting meeeesee:

Why does he want you to leave?

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:41 PM

We haven't spoke the whole day I enter a room he is working in he'll stop what he is doing and do something else. Uggg I need to get back to work 1 more room to do the floors then were done other then living room which we planned on doing till last min.

HadleyAzure
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Do you have any money you can use to find a place ? Could you call social services to see if they can guide you into getting a place and stuff they might be able to help since you have children.

DawnPratt23
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM
If you have access to your Joint account, grab some money, the kids and go to the nearest shelter for women. Legally he has no rights to your kids, is he on the birth certificate? And as for the retirement, legally most states will give you a portion of the 3 yrs, if you want to fight it. Is be more concerned about his threats about your kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meeeesee
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I would make him sit down and ask him why?  Ask him what you should do, I am sure he won't let you live on the streets.  If you have to sell as much as you can, as far as him taking your kids there is no way, moms have the upper hand!  How old is he, and you?

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:47 PM

To be honest since he is retiring you maybe able to go after his retirment since yall were togther for so long. If yall were living togther before you got married you were common law married and that maybe in your favor. I would talk to a lawyer and find out what you can do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)