Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crappy mom

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:23 PM
  • 20 Replies

I feel like a crappy mom. I do what I am supposed to, I don't abuse and I don't neglect but I feel like I am negative and gripe at them all of the time, yell too much, don't smile enough...ugh, I don't want to be this kind of mom.

Proud Army Wife to Josh and mother to 3 beautiful boys...
Hayden David June 2001
Brodie Nicholas December 2004
Seth Justin July 07, 2009

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:32 PM

All Moms need a break from time to time! Whens the last time you've had one?

gypsy_rose
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I feel you lol there are times I am just a huge grouch and have had enough for the day because the 4 kids will not behave ALL day

JJJMommyKris
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I agree with Lanscemom...take a break and also make sure you are getting enough exercise that is just mom time. (Chasing the kids doesn't count) I started to squeeze in 20 minutes a day and I have felt like a much better mom since then. GL!

dani-doll
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:35 PM

I understand. Sometimes i feel like DH is the "fun parent". I guess because i worry about dishes and laundry and everything else. Not that he doesn't help, but i always NEED to be sure everything is done. Maybe you need a break.

crazymama1008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I feel you w/ the terrible two's too. My dd just got in trouble for like the millionth time today! . Now she is running around spying me spying her.

CafeMom Tickers

turtle68
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:36 PM

some me time needed!!

dont underestimate the need for time out. 

jcsg
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:39 PM

We all have times where we feel like that.  When my older ones were little and I started to feel like that, I would put on my Grease movie.  We would dance and sing as loud as we could.  Always made the day go better.

latinmama511
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I feel the same, but im currantly pregnant and tired all the time, so I feel bad when my 3 year old wants to play with me and I have to tell him to be careful of my tummy or im too sleepy and sore =(..I hope my energy is back after this one is born

NESmith63
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Quoting jcsg:

We all have times where we feel like that.  When my older ones were little and I started to feel like that, I would put on my Grease movie.  We would dance and sing as loud as we could.  Always made the day go better.

I agree with this! When I am feeling like that and its impossible to get out by myself I just turn on one of the radio channels on tv and we have a dance party. My 5 year old loves it and just goes nuts. My 1 year old just kinda runs around and laughs. I dance like an idiot and just let loose while trying to make the kids laugh! It really lightens up the mood...gets some adrenaline pumping and also really tires out the kids!

Sirenabella
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I feel like that sometimes and I hate it. When it happens I take a 15-20 min "me" break and then go do something silly with my son. Whatever makes us both laugh ya know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)