Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter sleeps in my closet. Ask me anything

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:23 PM
  • 16 Replies

Well not anymore. But whe she was from like 4-8 months when we had a one bed room apartment. Her crib and everything fit in our closet better than in our room. LOL.

I have a 2yr old daughter, a 6yr old step daughter, and a 3 week old son. I have been married to the love of my life for just over a year.

So ask me anything about anything? Im bored and pumping.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhyne
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:27 PM
We did the same thing, we had a loft apartment and the closet was huuuuge! At least half the size of our "bedroom". It had a vent and stayed cool, we put our clothes on racks and had a crib and dresser in the closet. The door was always kept open too, the asst. manager said there were a few couples in our building who did the same thing since they were so big.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM

I have thought about the same thing.  We are in a one bedroom apartment and right now the closet is storing the twin bed that DD will eventually use.  The closet is huge.

Monica84
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM

This makes me feel better. People would always laugh at me when I told them she slept in our closet. In the summer it was actually more comforable temp wise in there than it was in the bedroom usually.

Quoting Rhyne:

We did the same thing, we had a loft apartment and the closet was huuuuge! At least half the size of our "bedroom". It had a vent and stayed cool, we put our clothes on racks and had a crib and dresser in the closet. The door was always kept open too, the asst. manager said there were a few couples in our building who did the same thing since they were so big.

2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:32 PM

My first DS slept in a dresser drawer for 2 weeks. The crib my aunt ordered for him was on back order and didnt come in in time.

Monica84
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:36 PM

When we went out of town when she was about a month old we used a laundry basket with a blanket folded up in the bottom.

Quoting 2and2onway:

My first DS slept in a dresser drawer for 2 weeks. The crib my aunt ordered for him was on back order and didnt come in in time.

Monica84
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:47 PM

BUMP!

hollinicole
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:58 PM

HAHA now am glade am not the only one that has used the laundry basket as a bed lol

Quoting Monica84:

When we went out of town when she was about a month old we used a laundry basket with a blanket folded up in the bottom.

Quoting 2and2onway:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
katzmeow726
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:03 PM

We'd actually considered something similar as a "just in case" scencario if we wern't able to move from our apartment in time. 

LCWAmommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM

no quiestion but my 3 year old tells everyone she sleeps in a drawer because her bed is a trundle that pulls out from under the bunk bed

melissa632
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM
My oldest slept in one for about a week. I've considered the closet thing as well. I ended up not needing to. Some places have huge closets.

Quoting 2and2onway:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)