• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so bad!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

It started last night, DD (2) was acting out. she wouldn't go to sleep so around 12:30 we went for a car ride, it worked. But then every hour it seemed like she would wake up crying for a few mins then go back to sleep, so needless to say I didn't get much sleep. Then today she wouldn't take a nap so we went to the store to get somethings and to get lunch and she was acting up, she is normally a great kid but today was just a bad day. so when we got home we put in her bed and she finally napped, then when she woke up i was eating some of her left over brithday cake so she asked if she could have some, I gave her some and then she didn't want it so I made her sit at the table and she was screaming. So I put her in her room for time out and told her she doesn't ask for something and then refuse to eat it and I sat and cried after I left her room. I felt so bad, DH talked to her & told her she needs to listen to mommy and that she made mommy cry. I feel horrible for what I did.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:42 PM

i don't see anything wrong with what you did. but i don't think hubby should have told your daughter that SHE made you cry. she's only 2 and acting the way a 2 year old does. you got overwhelmed and cried. the reason you left her room was to cry so she wouldn't see you so i just don't agree that he blamed your daughter for it.

Kimora_neko
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:49 PM

That is the thing. she ever act like this. I know its the terrible two thing but wow! She has always been an angel. DH told her that mommy was cring because she felt hurt by how DD has been acting. A fem minutes after he came out I went in her room and said sorry and she gave me a hug and kiss and said sorry mommy, love you. I told her that she needs to behave for me also. (she listens to daddy more.)

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

i don't see anything wrong with what you did. but i don't think hubby should have told your daughter that SHE made you cry. she's only 2 and acting the way a 2 year old does. you got overwhelmed and cried. the reason you left her room was to cry so she wouldn't see you so i just don't agree that he blamed your daughter for it.

kansasmom1978
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Your upset for disciplining your daughter?  Wow that is a new one

Kimora_neko
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:53 PM

I think I put her in time out twice. I felt so bad both times but I know it has to be done. I think it has a lot to do with my parents. They would always argue in front of me and I don't like arguements because of that. (at least that's what I think it is)

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Your upset for disciplining your daughter?  Wow that is a new one

jcsg
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:58 PM

That's the only part I don't agree with either.  You never tell your kids they MADE you cry.  Especially at that age.  All it does is make them feel horrible and they don't understand why. 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Kimora_neko
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:03 PM

he said that mommy was crying because she felt hurt by how DD was acting all day. I know it wasn't right but can't do anything now but learn for it.

Quoting jcsg:

That's the only part I don't agree with either.  You never tell your kids they MADE you cry.  Especially at that age.  All it does is make them feel horrible and they don't understand why. 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)