• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm being harrassed. What do I do? **update**

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:40 PM
  • 26 Replies

I got some weird text last night saying "Hey sexy. Whatcha doing?" from a number I did not know. I texted back asking who it was and he said "Mr. Hot man". I told him he had the wrong number. Now he has been harrassing me none stop. I've gotten well over 100 text and he has called my phone and left a creepy message about if I do not do some kind of deal with him he will not stop. The number is a cell phone number. (209) 622-5819. I googled it and found that he has been doing this to a few other people as well. Is there a way I can report this SOB without having his name? I'm not really worried that he will find me, but just ignoring him is not stopping this crap.

Thanks ladies. I called AT&T and I'm getting my number changed. They are waving their normal fee since it's because of harrassment. I'm going to file a report too. I don't think he will come find me. I googled his number and apparently he has been doing this to alot of other people over the last few months.

Well I got my number changed and so no more calls or texts. It is kind of a pain in the butt because now I have to notify everyone who has my old number. But I really needed to change it anyways. We got the phones when we lived in a different area and when we moved the number became long distance for anyone who would call me (like my employer who was not too thrilled about calling long distance when he needed me to come in to work). So it all worked out ok. Unfortunatly when they switched my number I lost the voice message from the guy. I'm still going to report it though.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwaysmom76
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:43 PM

You should be able to block his number...my cell phone has a block feature on it...

avi_nevaeh_mama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Quoting alwaysmom76:

You should be able to block his number...my cell phone has a block feature on it...

I haven't been able to figure out how to block it. I may need to call AT&T to do that. It's an iPhone.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Report it to the police. You have his number, they will take it from there.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:45 PM

And then call your phone company and have them block it

Monica84
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Quoting SuperPickle:

Report it to the police. You have his number, they will take it from there.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
mamivon2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Go to the police or tell him to hold on while you give to phone to your dh

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:49 PM

just block his number unless he is like threatening there isn't much the police can/will do and blocking the number will solve your problems also if you haven't already i'd tell you SO so he doesn't think something is up KWIM?

Ms.Upinyourface
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Do not respond to the harassment . I can turn off the ringer for a number so it does not ring and then delete, or save, the texts and messages.

Definitely get the police or whoever is "in charge" of communication of threats via cell phone.

Or/and change your number. That is the most direct way to end this matter today.

CharityTipton
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:56 PM

You can call the police and give them the phone number and let them hear the messages. Tell them that you do not know this person and they will file the report. Let them know that you googled it and found out you are not his only victim.

misselphaba
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM

I woudl definitely call the cops ~ if you still have the messages and stuff.  He threatened you by saying if you don't do his deal, or whatever, he won't stop.  How do you know he won't escalate into trying to find you or something?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)