• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kind of silly, but it hurt to be forgotten.

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

I have a step dad. When I was 17, I went to live with his parents, whom I called Grandma and Grandpa from the minute I met them at 5 years old. They never treated me like a 'step'. Not one day after we met was I anything but their granddaughter. They even wanted me to take their last name.  My Grandma passed November 2003, but Grandpa is still around.

Last week I saw my "aunt" asking my step sisters for their addresses, I didn't know why. I found out today from my mom that my "aunt" was throwing Grandpa a surprise party and sent out invites. I know she sent them to those who couldn't go, because she sent them to my parents.

I didn't get one.

Way to pretend I don't exist you stupid cow. I can guarantee I care more about that man than my step sisters ever did. They weren't rich like their other grandparents so they never wanted anything to do with them.

Join CBU today! Tell them Shelley sent you!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunbun
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:40 PM

aww im sorry hun how do you know she didn't just forget? or send yours with your parents?

nemiller
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:40 PM

i'm sorry, hun.  that would suck.  and i'm sure your grandpa will want you there, so he probably won't be too happy with your aunt either.  could you talk to your parents and have them approach your aunt?

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:41 PM

It is not silly to feel hurt over being left out...........even if you did not like them............

Suicidal
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:41 PM

*touches boob*

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM

aww im sorry

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:45 PM

She knows I live in CT, nowhere near my parents. She messaged me once a few months ago. 

This is the same woman who would make me stay in my room when her then boyfriend now husband would come to get her. Like I would want her man. Gag.  

I honestly think she just doesn't consider me family. Despite the fact that it's been almost 20 years since my mom and step dad got together.

Join CBU today! Tell them Shelley sent you!

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:46 PM

lol thanks Amanda.

Quoting Suicidal:

*touches boob*

Suicidal
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Quoting UxorQuodMatris:

lol thanks Amanda.

Quoting Suicidal:

*touches boob*

Anything to help :)

I would just go anyways, this is about your grandfather. F*** the stupid beotch.

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I wouldn't be able to go even with an invite, but that didn't stop her from sending them everyone else far away that won't be attending.

Quoting Suicidal:

Quoting UxorQuodMatris:

lol thanks Amanda.

Quoting Suicidal:

*touches boob*

Anything to help :)

I would just go anyways, this is about your grandfather. F*** the stupid beotch.

possummom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM

i am sorry. maybe she included you in your parents invite? find out the day and show up lol. that will show her.

i had grand parents too that never treated me like a step either. in fact they spoiled me rotten. i was the only girl lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)