Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I Over~reacting?? (kinda long)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:36 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ok, so I do have a tendancy to over react, so I'll ask for opinions, and get it out before I explode, so you'll have to excuse any ranting I do. I hate, hate HATE my bf's dad and sometimes his sisters. Looove my bf to death, love my bf's mom. But there are days where I want to bitch slap his dad untill he twitches. Back story on this, in 1984 his dad got hit by a drunk driver and got his back hurt ~ boohoo (don't bash me yet, you'll understand in a moment) 1984 people, 26 years ago. Bring it up to January 2009. Crippling ice storm hit our area. He works on a farm as a laborer, bf's mom manages a family dollar, they are on well water & the powers out, so they can't get water into the house, so she takes some bottled water from work, & gets fired for it. FFWD to today, she is working 14 hour days as a vendor, they have NO health insurance, 30,000 in credit card debt, and who do you think got the genius idea to try for disability for his accident and rack up more bills? If you guessed dumbass dad, then ding ding ding!! You get a prize. He CAN WORK. He helped my bf hang siding, move furniture and paint. He can work he just doesn't want to. Now the reason I'm pissed is we just bought a new house,and are paying extra every month to get it paid faster. Bf's dad wants us to buy them food, pay their bills &bf just got them new tires today for the car he GAVE them, but they can afford their beer, cigarettes and he drives down to Florida for pot once a month. Oh, and the dad fixed th ac on the car that bf gave them, but will not tell bf's mom because "she doesn't deserve the good car" when she babysits she has to drive my sons in a car with no ac. In KY when it's 98 the heat index is 110!! So I won't let her take the kids anywhere, which means he doesn't see them. My youngest is his only bio grandson, and he wouldn't hold him in the hospital. So am I over reacting by being pissed that they ask for money? OH!! I'm a sahm, and the dad says they will move in with us, and take care of the kids for me so i can get a job. WTF!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:38 PM

um, your husband needs to stop enabling them...

mom23boys679
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I'd avoid them at all costs. People like them are poison. I don't care if they're 'family' or not.

Kristanna
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:41 PM

I would be mad also.

jammieg
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:42 PM

holy hannah...theirs a winner right there!  (sarcasm)  no, you're not overreacting!  both your bf and your bf's mom need to make this guy grow up and support his family!  so sorry that your wonderful bf comes with such an a$$!

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM

LOL @bitch slap him til he twitches. I totally understand. I CAN NOT stand my FIL, either. Thank GOD he's been in Mexico for the past year with no intentions of coming back...

WHY didn't she just PAY for the water...??? Makes no sense!

UGH. I know what you mean. MIL "can't" afford toilet paper or food, but she CAN afford hair dye. Stupid people.

No, you are not overreacting. Tell HIS LAZY ASS TO GET A JOB!!! WTF??? If you guys are doing fine on your own with you being a SAHM, then fuck them. WTH....???

momof2gingers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:04 PM
I know, he complained because his 18 year old daughter and her boyfriend were eating 3 meals a day. Her boyfriend was visiting fron NY for two weeks, and he told him to go sign up for food stamps, get a job, or get his "fat ass daughter out of his house so she will stop using his air conditioner and hot water"

Quoting jammieg:

holy hannah...theirs a winner right there!  (sarcasm)  no, you're not overreacting!  both your bf and your bf's mom need to make this guy grow up and support his family!  so sorry that your wonderful bf comes with such an a$$!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2cristian
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Quoting MovalMomsADMIN:

um, your husband needs to stop enabling them...

i agree.  the dad is the way he is & you can't change that but for your bf to continue helping out because his dad doesn't want to support his wife is the problem.  tell him that bf's mom can move in but no way in hell will he. 

punching              playing soccer boy                 baby in sling    

Rob & Tosh                       Cristian (4)               &       Jayden (17 months) 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
mommy2cristian
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:06 PM

well there's something wrong with a family that allows themselves to be treated that way.

Quoting momof2gingers:

I know, he complained because his 18 year old daughter and her boyfriend were eating 3 meals a day. Her boyfriend was visiting fron NY for two weeks, and he told him to go sign up for food stamps, get a job, or get his "fat ass daughter out of his house so she will stop using his air conditioner and hot water"

smurfiest
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:15 PM

No- not overreacting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)