Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to circumcise or not to circumcise that is the question

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM
  • 84 Replies

i just found out i am having a boy!!!!!! well when i was pregnant the first time daddy and i decided we would but for no other reason then just because.......i have never seen an uncircumcised man so idk anyone with any views or advice please share with/educate me.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtwistedxlovex
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM

I left it up to his father, who chose to have it done. I regret it, he doesn't. He really is glad he's circumcised; DS isn't old enough to have an opinion yet. But he could have had it done as an outpatient procedure later in life if that's what he wanted...and it can never be undone. Supposedly much of the pain is from forcibly separating the glans from the head, so it's probably much less painful later on too. I feel like we made a choice for him that we didn't really have the right to make. I would really suggest reading up on what exactly circumcision involves, risks vs benefits, etc before making a decision.

jeskaM
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:07 PM

it was never a hard decision for me. I always knew if I ever had a boy, he would be circ. We never had any problems with it. Congrats on having a boy!

lisajellybean
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:09 PM

We had all 3 of our boys circ'd i dont regret it & neither does their dad

Lace2180
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

I left it up to his father, who chose to have it done. I regret it, he doesn't. He really is glad he's circumcised; DS isn't old enough to have an opinion yet. But he could have had it done as an outpatient procedure later in life if that's what he wanted...and it can never be undone. Supposedly much of the pain is from forcibly separating the glans from the head, so it's probably much less painful later on too. I feel like we made a choice for him that we didn't really have the right to make. I would really suggest reading up on what exactly circumcision involves, risks vs benefits, etc before making a decision.

mommy2cristian
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Do you have any opinions on it?  I mean it really is a personal decision.  What does your husband say?  I always thought I'd have it done.  DB didn't want it but it was my choice.  Probably because he isn't.  Anyway I just always thought it was the thing to do.  I think it looks better & was concerned about hygiene since I don't trust boys at all, but apparently that's not as big a concern anymore.  The hospital my oldest was born at doesn't do them & I didn't feel comfortable having it done in a office or having to take care of it so it wasn't done.  My youngest isn't done because his brother wasn't even though this hospital does it.  It is my biggest regret & at times I seriously consider having it done but at this age it's done under general anesthesia. 

tarinah
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:18 PM

i never did it, im not sorry.  I didnt wanna be responsible for cutting off something that he MAY want later in life.  I will let him make that decision :)

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:25 PM

i just think it looks better and so does my SO he is and i guess that is why he wants it done.....

Quoting mommy2cristian:

Do you have any opinions on it?  I mean it really is a personal decision.  What does your husband say?  I always thought I'd have it done.  DB didn't want it but it was my choice.  Probably because he isn't.  Anyway I just always thought it was the thing to do.  I think it looks better & was concerned about hygiene since I don't trust boys at all, but apparently that's not as big a concern anymore.  The hospital my oldest was born at doesn't do them & I didn't feel comfortable having it done in a office or having to take care of it so it wasn't done.  My youngest isn't done because his brother wasn't even though this hospital does it.  It is my biggest regret & at times I seriously consider having it done but at this age it's done under general anesthesia. 

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:27 PM

thank you i am sooooooo exited lol i have my little girl now we are going to have our baby boy!

that is how i have always felt that we would just do it....just like we had dd's ears pierced but now that it is actually time to decided i figured no harm in actually learning something lol KWIM? as for right now we will be getting it done unless someone tells me something that i dont already know

Quoting jeskaM:

it was never a hard decision for me. I always knew if I ever had a boy, he would be circ. We never had any problems with it. Congrats on having a boy!

tarinah
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM

u cant tell the difference when its hard.  My DH is uncirqed and i didnt even know it til we were married for 5 years.  I only saw it when he was naked and that meant he wanted some LOL

Quoting bluebunbun:

i just think it looks better and so does my SO he is and i guess that is why he wants it done.....

Quoting mommy2cristian:

Im a 30 year old army wife and proud SAHM mom. I am a cloth diapering, selective vaccinating, non-circumsizing, extended breastfeeding, and ERF kind of mama to Colton 1 and Sierra 4. I do what is best for MY children!!!
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM

For my son, no. I thought he was born perfect and needed no alterations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)