Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She Yells At Me

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

My daughter is 16 months old..and she has started this terrible yelling thing. She yells over EVERY THING!! I have had a headache every day since this started...And I don't know where its coming from. I have two older kids ages 4 and 3 and the NEVER did this. She yells when she doesn't get her way, she yells just to be yelling most of the time. She is not crying. She just looks at you and yells really loud. She doesnt even talk yet. But she sure says AHHHHHHH really well!!... Is it a phase, or some thing? Anyone else go through this? When can I expect her to stop?? any advice?

Photobucket

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2wy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I have never been through this this young. But heres a bump for you hun!

mom2wy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Oh and maybe it is cause she is just finding her voice?

crazymama1008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:25 PM

I feel you should check out my terrible two post. I have just announced quiet time in my house. dd has a snack and then will play quitely hopefully the lights are dimmed cartoons are on and it is quiet ish.lol. hopefully this will mellow her enough so she will go to bed for my  sake I feel you! :0 *HUG*

heatherhall29
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM

My daughter does that and I just keep telling her to use her inside voice she has gotten better.

dani-doll
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM

BUMP!

Momsthename0609
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:27 PM

My 14 month old does this all the time when he wants something. I know what you mean by headache lol, I lovingly call him my teapot. I have just been giving him words for what he is screaming about. He is doing pretty good with that. :)

omgamomie
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Quoting heatherhall29:

My daughter does that and I just keep telling her to use her inside voice she has gotten better.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

STRAWBERRYRAIN
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM
She just wants to be heard too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shawna114
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM

lol i have tried giving her snack, cartoons w/e and she will sit there and yell at me, or the tv or her snack. lol. at 16 months i can tell her to stop till i'm blue in the face and she just keeps right on..**pulls hair out here**

Quoting crazymama1008:

I feel you should check out my terrible two post. I have just announced quiet time in my house. dd has a snack and then will play quitely hopefully the lights are dimmed cartoons are on and it is quiet ish.lol. hopefully this will mellow her enough so she will go to bed for my  sake I feel you! :0 *HUG*

masastan
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:31 PM

You need to put her in a room to herself and calmy tell her that you will not listen to her scream and yell. Never give in to her. My third child used to throw the worst tantrums and I would just walk away and ignore him. If she still sleeps in a crib, put her in it. If not, put her in her room with a child safety gate at the doorway where she can't get out. Don't go after her until she stops. If it were a child in my classroom, I would set them against our "thinking" wall (a nicer name for time out sensitive parents), and I would keep putting them there until they got the message.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)