Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am i wrong???

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

I moved to my now husband hometown, over 8 years ago and we now have two young children who are 2 and 4.  We live 3 hours away from my hometown.  Iam always bugging my DH to get away for a weekend because although I do love my children more than life itself, I really really need a break, I am a SAHM and my children can be pretty difficult.

Well,it seems like getting away without the kids is pretty much impossible, so I told him I would like to go to my hometown and just stay with my parents for a weekend.  He flipped and said that married couples do not do that. 

Is this true, am I wrong for asking?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
una1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:12 PM

No you are not wrong for wanting to visit your parents and wanting a break, he is wrong for kicking up about it

trbl66621
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:14 PM

I take breaks and go to my parents house all the time with or with the kids or dh. Dh encourages me to go see my parents and they are 5 hours away.

jjcarney
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:15 PM

You deserve to get away alone.  You are NOT wrong!!  

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Before I had my younger children.  My oldest son and I would take the train to Florida to stay with my Father/Step-Mother and/or my Grandparents we would be gone a month or so.  My husband never had a prolem with it.

laciD
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:17 PM

We are in the EXACT same situation. We recently moved over 2 hours away from our family. We also have two LO who are 2 and 4. My husband and I are having the same problem. We don't really get much time without the kids. We don't have any family close enough to help. It pretty much feels like we are completely on our own. I recently spent the weekend at my sisters. It wasn't a big deal for us but everyone is different.

My 2 and 4 year old RIDE REAR FACING, 1 year and 20lbs is the bare minimum to forward face a child, my children deserve better than the minimum.I breastfed (no yucky formula for my boys) breast is BEST. Im a 24 year old SAHM who has been married to the love of my life for 6 years!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)