Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drug induced couple sell baby at walmart

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:40 PM
  • 8 Replies

Couple on drugs try to sell their baby to Walmart shoppers.

Couple sell baby in Walmart store parking while drug induced. The pair face child endangerment charges after they were to take $25 for their child at Walmart. The child is safe, and the people at Walmart, who were approached about the sale had called police.

Officer Lalo Villegas of the Salinas police department said that Patrick Fousek, 38, and Samantha Tomasini, 20, were arrested. They had allegedly approached two women outside Walmart and asked if they'd like to purchase the 18-month baby. Initially, the women thought Fousek was joking, but when he became persistent, they reported it to police.

"They did an outstanding job and gave our officers good information. I don't know if they're mothers, but they definitely had that instinct to help," Officer Lalo Villegas said in a statement. Both suspects were arrested at their home shortly after the incident.

They appeared to be high on methamphetamine and the house was in disarray. Police reports indicated that Tomasini told Child Protective Services, who took the baby, that she had breast-fed the infant while under the influence. In addition, they were booked on charges of being under the influence of narcotics. Fousek received an additionally charge of violating probation.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
smurfiest
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I saw their mugshots somewhere. Such an odd couple, united by meth.

alexxxxx
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Thank goodness those women reported it and that the baby is out of their care. That's so sad.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Crazy!

tys_mama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:00 PM

*sigh* unbelievable.

That poor baby. Some people just leave me speechless.

BTW... today's news? That "dad" got beaten up at jail! LOL! Well deserved.

Sharon

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:04 PM

This world is CRAZY!!!

MomTo2Boys2526
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:06 PM

WOW! Some people disgust me..

jenn75
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Saw this on the news! Sooo glad the woman reported them. I'm glad they tried to sell the baby at walmart & not to some other druggie, who knows what could have happened.

Makes you wonder how many times this happen & it's not reported.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)