Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll! BD and hubby

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:45 PM
  • 34 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do in this situation?

Options:

Tell the babys real father that he has a daughter

not tell the real father and just work on the marriage

Other- and explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

Hubby and I split, filed and were just weeks away from finalizing. That never went through. I was seeing someone and got pregnant. Hubby knows about that guy and that baby might not be his. Hubby takes full responsibily of the baby and treats her like his own- knowing that she looks nothing like him. DNA testing proves hubby isn't the father. Hubby and I are working on our marriage still- counseling and all. What would you do?

ETA: Hubby wants nothing to do with the BD, and he doesn't know about the DNA test results (yet)

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM
Can't vote on my phone. But the real father has a right to know. If he is not interested maybe he will sign over all rights. But that is his decision to make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.JeremiahsWife.
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Doesn't any biological father at least deserve the right to know he fathered a child ?

ctfirsttimemom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:49 PM

i think her bio dad has a right to know!

haydsmom2007
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:51 PM

he has a right to know.. who knows though maybe he will sign over his rights and your husband can just adopt her.

luv_my_xiya
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:53 PM

there should be no question about this...the bio father should def know

luv_my_xiya
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM

i wonder why some women automatically think this...if she does tell him, i hope he will be a great father

Quoting haydsmom2007:

he has a right to know.. who knows though maybe he will sign over his rights and your husband can just adopt her.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

jedi_momma2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Quoting .JeremiahsWife.:

Doesn't any biological father at least deserve the right to know he fathered a child ?

ashleigh24
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I don't know what I would do in your situation because I'm not in it but I do know the right thing to do is tell the real father. He does deserve to know that he has a daughter. That will be a really hard situation but I think its the right thing for your daughter. Good luck momma!

a_and_j_momma
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:58 PM
The child deserves to know the real father and family. I don't think that's right to keep the baby from him
MamatoNandB
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I don't know. It may sound horrible to some people, but I probably wouldn't tell BD. If it was a fling or a one night stand.. no big deal to me. He doesn't know now, it's not like he's missing anything. I know that sounds harsh, but I'd be looking out for my OWN family first. I'm assuming I'm gonna get bashed on this one. Luckily, I haven't had to deal with this situation myself. I'm not being snotty, I'm just saying I can imagine it's very difficult. ((((Hugs)))

Carah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)