Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your toddler shower???

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:13 PM
  • 95 Replies

I don't mean bathe... I mean SHOWER... as in standing, not sitting in a tub of water.

The reason I ask this is because one of my best friends just told me that his DD has been showering by herself for about a year. Our kids are only 3 days apart. His will be 3 on 7/25. My DD will be 3 on 7/28.

My DD only takes baths. And even then, I don't leave her in there alone. TAnd the thought of her standing in the shower (even if I'm in the bathroom watching) freaks me out a little bit.

So, does your toddler shower too? Or are they still content splashing around the tub with their bath toys, like mines does? LOL

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisTechnoAngel
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM

No way. My son turned 3 in April. He doesnt take baths on his own either. He doesnt like showers though..... I think he doesnt like the water hitting his head.

CountryGirl0809
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM

I sorta think that is a bit young to shower alone.  My dd is almost 2  but she takes a bath.  I do have a nozzle though that comes down so its like a shower.  thats all I've ever used to bathe her actually. E ven when seh was a baby and in her baby tub.  It kept the water on her all the time adn kept her warm.

epoh
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM
Yes my DD usually showers with me. She's 32 mos and has been showering with me since she was a baby. I would never leave her by herself in the shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflyblu
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

No.  My 2 1/2 yr old takes baths with his 7 month old brother.  There's no way he's ready or mature enough to shower...especially by himself. 

face84
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

my son is three and has a melt done when i turn the shower head on so no he does not shower. He loves to pull all of the toys out of the bath net and play

LadySandoval
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM

She is 3. (Just had a b-day in May) She prefers to take a bath and play but most of the time she gets in the shower with me. I don't let her take showers alone though. 

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM

My 3 and 2 year olds have been showering with DH or myself for quite some time.  My 3 y/o loves it...it took a while for the 2 y/o to enjoy it.  NEVER do either of us leave them alone and they NEVER shower by themself....one of us is always in the shower with them.  It is too easy to slip and fall.

gingerwife
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM

No, DS is 4 and he isn't showering by himself. I NEVER leave him alone in the tub. Sometimes I'll just shower him off if I am not in the mood to give him a long bath but thats the extent of his showering. He still doesn't get how to wipe water out of his eyes if someone splasheds him at the pool so showering is a no go.

nikkikry
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM

My 2 1/2 year old DD does shower with me. She only takes baths a few times a week. The rest of the week it's showers. The only time she's alone in the shower is when I get out before her and dry off, then I turn around and get her out and dry her off. I never leave the room, I stand right in front of the shower to dry off. And we've got anti-slip stuff on the floor.

MrsK34
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Yes, at a little over 2 (26months) my son prefers a shower over a bath most days.  I certainly don't leave him alone in there.  I point the shower head down and sit on the edge of the tub to help him get clean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)