Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommas going to school

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

For all of you Moms that are going to school..what are you going to school for and are you full time or part time (also how are you paying for it). I am considering going back to school in the fall but have NO CLUE what I want to do....I just know I need to do something to better myself. Please help just hoping to maybe get some ideas I have never considered.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CallieLynsMommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM

I start again in January for my Masters in Public History. I have two Bachelors in Anthropology and History.

ETA: I paid for undergraduate with scholarships, grants, and some loans. I am paying for graduate school by being a TA (teaching assistant) and some grants.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiebrubaker

love_my_baby_
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM

BUMP!

rachelmm007
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM

I will be starting my 4th week in nursing school. i go full time. i love it! I will be done in 2 years with my associates. Then i will go on to get my bachelors. I got pell grants and stafford loans. the program costs a total of $47,000 but its so worth it because i dont have to wait. and in 2 years i will be graduating!! good luck on finding out what your passion is!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:31 PM

I think your college counselors could help you make a smart decision! I'd make an appt with them!

AdensMommy1107
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:37 PM
Im going full time for Social Sciences Education. Im in my third semester right now. I got a scholarship first year and then pell grant. Good luck! You might also want to join the Mommas in School group on here to get more ideas about majors and how its like to be a college mommy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdensMommy1107
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:40 PM
Actually its the Moms in School* group..but im sure theres others like it..thats just the one im in, its been pretty helpful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AquarianPath
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Going to school for Business Administration

going part time because I have a full time job and three kids.

Vantrice
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM

BUMP!

countrymama6608
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I'm a full time online student with the University of phoenix. I'm getting my BA in Psychology. I have loans and grants that help cover costs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)