Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me be a better mom

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

ok so my dd is 19 months. she is allergic to milk, eggs, and all nuts(peanuts and tree nuts). i used to cook i started when i was pregnant and it lasted till about when dd was about 10 months old. my sister and i rented a house together and she took over because i had to start making side meals or altering what she made so dd could eat. well now i have moved out (my sister needed help with our little brother se got custody of him and money was really tight her and her SO both got raises so i moved lol). i was raised italian lol so a lot if not all of the things i know how to make have cheese and or egg in them. i am pregnant and i cant seem to get back in the grove of cooking.

so can any super moms out there (you are super if you know what to cook and cook at least 5 or 6 days a week lol) help me out. give me some recipes or ideas i can start off with (i am NOT a cook lol).

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AjsMom0508
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Look up vegan recipes!  I just looked up a whole bunch for my DS because he was just diagnosed with a milk protein allergy and HATES eggs.  If she's old enough ask her to help choose recipes so she feels included in food preperation.

Jenny73
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:28 PM

BUMP!

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:30 PM

she is 19 months i did that for a while neither i nore my SO like almost anything i figure we can alter things like we make mashed potatoes without milk.......

Quoting AjsMom0508:

Look up vegan recipes!  I just looked up a whole bunch for my DS because he was just diagnosed with a milk protein allergy and HATES eggs.  If she's old enough ask her to help choose recipes so she feels included in food preperation.

mollyttc1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM

My husband is Indian and we eat alot of indian beans and lentils. So my DS still gets protein and nutrition. I just leave how the red chili when I make it for him.

katieschroeder
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:35 PM

I use 3 things every night for dinner: protein, veggies, starch.  I like prep-ahead meals and quick cook!  Tonight I made teriayki chicken rice bowls with broccoli.  (froze the chopped chicken, chopped broccoli and instant, uncooked brown rice - thawed and sauted).  Tomorrow we are having fish baked with toasted sesame oil, mashed coconut and squash (all will be thrown in the oven at the same time).  The next night we are having "stuffed" zucchini (haved and cored zucchini and filled with ground beef, rice and topped with tomato sauce.)  That's as far as I've planned right now!   

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:37 PM

thanks this is basically what i need lol

Quoting katieschroeder:

I use 3 things every night for dinner: protein, veggies, starch.  I like prep-ahead meals and quick cook!  Tonight I made teriayki chicken rice bowls with broccoli.  (froze the chopped chicken, chopped broccoli and instant, uncooked brown rice - thawed and sauted).  Tomorrow we are having fish baked with toasted sesame oil, mashed coconut and squash (all will be thrown in the oven at the same time).  The next night we are having "stuffed" zucchini (haved and cored zucchini and filled with ground beef, rice and topped with tomato sauce.)  That's as far as I've planned right now!   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)