Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you saw me..

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:28 PM
  • 21 Replies

How old do I look? If you saw me with our three year old would you automatically assume I'm a teen mom? Would you look down on me for having a three year old?

The reason I'm asking is because someone made the comment the other day about me and my son. We were out eating and he started giving me a hard time so I told him if he didnt behave we would leave. He didnt straighten his attitude up so we got up and as we were leaving a woman said, "Thats what happens when you spread your legs too young and get knocked up." and then said something about, "Where is Daddy now?" So I walked up to her and told her that I was NOT too young to have a child and that his father is in Iraq or else he would have been with us tonight. Ugh, some people!

Edit: I'm 22 btw. I was 19 when I had him and yes, his father and I are STILL together...crazy lady.

Photobucket

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfiest
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Looking at the picture you posted, I'd think you could be anywhere from 16-25. I'd assume you were maybe 20.

caiti

How effing ridiculous. People soooo lack tact and the ability to think before they speak. Honestly.

EDIT: I didn't answer the question, lol!! I'd say you look about my age...23-24...but could be anywhere from 19-25, like a pp said. But, regardless if you were a teen mom, it's not anyone else's biz, and you shouldn't speak like that to a stranger. Geez.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

jennmom1

wow! people are really nasty. I don't care if you were a teen mom...if you do your job and take care of your baby then screw everybody else. Those people were way outta line.

by the way I would guess you were 21 or 22

ashlynsmom14
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I think you look really young but I dont judge people so I wouldnt say anything to you. Plus I look really young too and have a 3 year old also, we were out to eat and she did the same thing your little man did, me and DH got tons of looks and the couple behind us said almost the exact same thing.

I am sorry momma!! Some people are way too quick to judge. In a few years you will be happy that someone thinks you look too young ot have kiddos. Keep you chin up!!

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Quoting caiti:

How effing ridiculous. People soooo lack tact and the ability to think before they speak. Honestly.

Yeah I was almost in tears. I was upset enough over DS's behavior and then that woman had to go off and say something. Usually I dont let it bother me but today I had just had enough. I HAD to say something!

Photobucket

MrsDuNn06
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM

unfortunately I'm not surprised by someone saying that... ive been told so pretty mean shit by strangers. i would have told her that perhaps she should spread her legs to release the bats that are habitating in her vagina :)

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Quoting MrsDuNn06:

unfortunately I'm not surprised by someone saying that... ive been told so pretty mean shit by strangers. i would have told her that perhaps she should spread her legs to release the bats that are habitating in her vagina :)

haha Thanks for the laugh. Seriously, if I would have had someone to take my son I would have said more but I didnt, so I remained calm for DS and decided  to be the bigger person.

Photobucket

jennmom1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:33 PM

rolling on floor  love it.

Quoting MrsDuNn06:

Jenny73
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM

No not at all!! That is awful. Sorry you had to go through that.

mommyofagirl06
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Quoting Jenny73:

No not at all!! That is awful. Sorry you had to go through that.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)